Purchasing and renting out condo/villas in DR

A couple of friends of mine have brought this proposal to me as a business idea. I was very hesitant at first but seeing the the Dominican is one of, if not the fastest growing
Markets in the Caribbean, I'm convinced that it would be a good venture.

I've looked all over online for inquiries regarding renting out condos in the Dominican, and so far nothing really comes up except advertising of rentals. I see this as being one indicator of it being a popular idea.

I know somebody has already done this or mabe evan asked about it.this is our plan We would like to by a condo and have a rental company with a good history rent it out for us. We have contacts in the Dominican who will regularly check its condition. I have already looked into local maintenance shops and cleaning companies to have the place looking its best for every guest.

What I am concerned about is getting taxed twice, I understand that the Dr government has a 27% fixed rate on rental income on non and residential businesses. But in Canada of course its much more  complex, having  profits as a Canadian business in the dominican is different then having profits as a Dominican business in DR. Also the trust in these rental companies.

For security reasons we plan to do the regular credit procedures as most rentals and hotels.

Welcome to the forums!    Well this one is a bit complicated.   Buying condos -  is a corporation buying or individuals?  You must be very careful buying here and double check title!  Only work with a good lawyer.

Location is everything.  HOw many you going to buy?  Where?  Have you looked into the areas and done your research?

Corporate taxes are different then  non corporate taxation. If a corp in Canada owns a corporation here taxes will be different.  You need good advice on this.

Management company - take your time to find the right one and have  a system in place to double check everything.

Look up Air b n b and/or Home-away for some guidance. Get a great lawyer as planner aptly suggests and Title Insurance. Check out Century 21 for real estate  listings, as well as DR1.com and Dominican Today.com. Google Guzman Ariza Dominican Law Firm to get some insight on local laws and business structure. Buena fortuna.

Very help full thanks a tone guys