Visitor visa

hello
im thinking of visiting singapore to search for jobs.
i have a diploma in marine engineering from UK and a bachelors in mechanical engineering from uk. and have 3 years experience working in uk.
but been residing in india for last 2 years..and worked for about 1 years in india..(currently unemplyed)
so, im wanting to find employment in my field in singapore, and i assume my best bet is get a visitor visa to singapore and search for employees..there
1. how easy/hard is to find a job currently? have the economy bounced back?
2.how do i go on about applying visitor visa? is it only given for 30 days? and will it be easy hassle free to extend the next 30 days?(how much would be minimum  monthly expense)
3. if i couldnt find a suitable job in 2 months..how long do i have to wait before getting back to singapore (from india)?
i have a few ''agents'' asking for about $6000 to get me a s-pass...and im not sure if i could trust them ..
really appreciate any help
thanking you

Hi Ddurai10,

I cannot tell you how easy or difficult it is to find a job in your field (which I am not familiar with).
But I can tell you that you can (and actually should if you are serious about finding a job there, as it increases your chances A LOT!) come on a tourist visa and look for a job in Singapore. If you have a good reason and the necessary financial resources, you can extend it up to 89 days. (For returning afterwards, as a rule of thumb, you should wait at least the same time you were in Singapore before.)
Singapore is not cheap, and on a visitor visa you are limited to hotels, hostels and services apartments. The cheapest cost around S$60/night. Or you stay with friends for free (if you have any). In addition, you need food, transport and other expenses of at least S$20-30 a day (more if you smoke, drink or take taxis).
Do NOT engage these agents! The truth is: No agent can apply for an S-Pass - only your employer can, after you signed an employment contract with them. If these agents tell you otherwise, they are crooks (as many of them are). The true fee for an S-Pass is S$60 and has to be paid by the employer, not you (by law).

Hi beppi
First of all,  thank you for taking your time for the advice.
I do have a few friends and apparently distant family memebers (whom i haven't even met yet lol).. So i could stay with them for most of my time duration while in Singapore hopefully..
I always thought the visa for visitors (who  dont hold first world passport)  is only 30days which could be further extended to 30 more days once there... But how do they know about the  financial status of any certain individual?
Do i have carry my bank statement along with me while i enter Singapore airport? Or cash?
The whole visa on arrival has thrown me off.. As i never had that experience yet..
Hope you had a nice weekend
Thank you again

All visa decisions are on a case-by-case basis and the exact criteria are not published. What I wrote is my experience and what I heard from others. 89 days is the absolute maximum possible, but in reality, you may only get 15 days and no extension if they don't like you for whatever reason. You should supply all information they ask for, financial or otherwise, to strengthen your case.