Phone Contract

Hi all,

I'm moving back to Bahrain this week and will need a phone number. This time I want to do it on a phone contract with a smart phone. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what documents/ID etc I would need?

Thanks in advance!

i think just cpr is enough !!

for package details please visit following links

VIVA- http://www.viva.com.bh/content/viva-unlimited-plans

BATELCO-http://portal.batelco.com/personal-mobile-services/smart-packages/

ZAIN -http://www.bh.zain.com/en/personal/mobile-plans/postpaid/smartplans

NOTE: there some options for devices but those are in different category

You can get a prepaid number with your passport.

In order to get a postpaid number with a package, you will need to have a local identity card (CPR card).

I would get a prepaid sim on arrival at the airport using your passport. Once you get your CPR then you can convert that prepaid sim to a contract one and keep the same number.

I was told that if you are on contract and your phone gets stolen and whoever stole it ran up a huge bill then you are responsible for that bill regardless. Apparently it's your fault the phone was stolen by being careless.......

Due to hearing this a few times I decided to buy my phone and use a prepaid sim.

i agree with @josnuggles on getting a prepaid once you arrive than converting it to postpaid contract once you get your CPR, but as for stolen part i think that once you know its lost or stolen you contact the service provider to cut the line for the time being until you get yourself a replacment SIM card for your number

required only passport

Thanks so much everybody. I think that's a good idea - to get a prepaid SIM card until I get my CPR card and then change it to a contract. I have a British passport so I'm not sure if I could use that alone anyway.

When I first came here I picked up Zain (I wouldn't use them again) and they wouldn't take my passport. 

So I just had my friend use their CPR for the SIM card until my CPR came in and I could change it to mine.  Others didn't have the same problem, but it was an easy fix.

In regards to the stolen thing - a co-worker had his phone stolen.  In the few hours it took to get home and contact the service provider the thieves had already burned through the contract and into the expensive charges.  Wasn't a ton, but another hour or two and it would have been much worse.

Doesn't happen all the time, but something to consider.

i really wouldnt recomend Zain even if they were the last network peovider here in BH

Being all said in here, Batelco is more flexible, I had 2 sims from Viva and I had big time to release the contract as they wanted a valid reason why??? So I had to say again and Gaian that I'm quitting this country for good, then they still had to ring me up to check again!! oMg

I got a Batelco sim just using my UK passport. I now have 8 sims (all done on passport alone) so that family and friends have them when they come visit. Easy Peasy

Hi there
U r most welcome t our friendly country
T process any thing like phone jib etc first thing u need to apply for appointment for CPR/ I
Thus is essential for ant official application including ofcourse a bank account

Josnuggles wrote:

I got a Batelco sim just using my UK passport. I now have 8 sims (all done on passport alone) so that family and friends have them when they come visit. Easy Peasy

:/  UK passport with Bahrain's visa on it ?

khush420 wrote:
Josnuggles wrote:

:/  UK passport with Bahrain's visa on it ?

No. Just a UK passport with visit visa stamp. Pre pay sim only

just wondering. for batelco, i facing frequent drop call even i have full bar signal. why so ? I don't face the problem with viva.  :/

:/ 
I think batelco doing planned upgrades to its network!

Same thing i noticed with batelco internet
4g to 3g and 3g to E...

Yeah viva is the best , little expensive.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I've got a question:
How do I transfer from prepaid to postpaid at Batelco?

Visit the nearest batelco store.

T&R

Thanks! I discovered live chat on batelco website :D