Lets have a Malaysian Nasi Lemak In Bangkok

Hey Jeff
I mail you sometimes back but no reply...anyway this is my number 087-0811008.....you have a kid and wife from Isaan?

Hi, I woke up this morning and was craving for nasi lemak and I just google and found this Expat.com. Never know that we have so many fellow Malaysians in Bkk! I am really happy. And will head to chilli padi today. Always wanted to go but keep stopping myself because is quite a distance away from me . Hehe . Anyway may I know what time do they open?

I saw Roti Canal in Siam paragon supermarket with other rotis too

They have whole wheat which I used to buy and do it myself.

Rejoice wrote:

I saw Roti Canal in Siam paragon supermarket with other rotis too

They have whole wheat which I used to buy and do it myself.

I always feel the main thing for roti canai is the curry hehe

Cili Padi is a wrong idea perhaps....and pretty expensive.There is one good genuine Malay restaurant in Sukhumvit 22,its called Usman. Many Malaysian expat or visitors goes here for good Malaysian food. Cili Padi is in Silom where mostly tourist frequent and more to kind of local taste instead. Quality was better before not now.

Hi Shulyn
So what you doing in Bangkok? Working here or just for for long stay? Could have coffee if you are ok for exchange views about Bangkok

Jude Law Son wrote:

Cili Padi is a wrong idea perhaps....and pretty expensive.There is one good genuine Malay restaurant in Sukhumvit 22,its called Usman. Many Malaysian expat or visitors goes here for good Malaysian food. Cili Padi is in Silom where mostly tourist frequent and more to kind of local taste instead. Quality was better before not now.

Thanks for your advise :)

I am living and working in Bkk. So yes but I stay in nonthaburi but I am always around ratchada :)

Jude Law Son wrote:

Hi Shulyn
So what you doing in Bangkok? Working here or just for for long stay? Could have coffee if you are ok for exchange views about Bangkok

I am currently a financial consultant (freelance) , consider working hehe. Sure that's no problem

Hi Shulyn
It depends what kind of financial consultant sector you're talking about coz the this sector needs Thai speaking language and some of this sectors are messy. Their banking system is not so open like us unless you can get real good contact with locals....will discus with you more if have chance to meet-up. There are few things you can think of what kind of jobs you can do here

Guys, Chili Padi is closed for good. They have moved to Southern Thai.

So need to check out Usman in Soi 22 as mentioned by Jude

.....We can get some Malaysian or Singaporean food in Champions Sport bar in Sukhumvit Soi 11 if anyone of you interested.

I'm not sure if the restaurant in Sukhumvit soi 22 is own by a Malaysian Malay, Hamid and his thai wife. They were at silom road many years ago. Their food is nothing special. Sometimes hotels may do a Malaysian or Singapore food festival. They fly in a chef from these countries including spices. Kebab Malaysia and SCOTT may provide information.

Hey Jaya
Thanks for the update...by the way the Cili Padi owner gave negative thoughts about opening a Malaysian restaurant in other parts of the city since he's been here for long...he says can't sell even in a Muslim commercial area...i'm surprised he said that! Malaysian food is accepted everywhere in the world and in fact one of the most popular.Secret Recipe which is owned by Malaysians and co-partner here with many outlets around and the Nasi Lemak is the worst i've ever eaten but still sells.....gave a bad name to Nasi Lemak.If anyone would open Nasi Lemak stall by the street in the morning anywhere in Bangkok....i'm 100% sells like hot-cake coz Thai loves anything with coconut milk and the rice would be a hit. A matter of fact is Malaysian food has more varieties and genuine...whoever stayed here long enough to know that.On daily basis we see the same local stuff on the streets or eating places around Bangkok.
Another thing...Malaysia is the only country from Asia ranked top ten along Switzerland,Germany,Denmark. Malaysia ranked no 5 in the 'World Talent'report 2014....what an achievement,better then Olympic Gold.
Singapore down to 16,Japan 25 and S.Korea 26...haha I could not believe Singapore went to that level.
So we are talented in many fields...that makes us feel special .
By the way Usman has been in Sukhumvit 22 for ages but not many Malaysians noticed about it.This place is always packed especially dinner so go early and their Sambal Belacan is original like our style not like the typical That style Kapi which is too sour or sweet. The menu is mix Thai and Malay like you find in some restaurants in KL and the atmosphere is very Melayu probably he is Southerner but speaks Malay well.All the staff looks like Kelantanese i think.....i never been to Malaysia east coast before but you can see many of their kind in KL especially in Kg Baru mix Thai. I met some Malaysian expats from the embassy and also Malaysian tourist who knows this place.....go there and try...you'll not regret...enjoy

Hi my dear Malaysians !
I hope to see you guys tonight if possible!

T.G.I.F hooray it's Friday!!!
🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻Angel Pub is currently having a promotion just for today , each customer will get a free bottle of beer Leo from 8pm-11pm .With a nice environment includes chilling zone , and karaoke room and the club zone .
Please come and have fun today at Angel Pub ! We are located near DPU university and the mall Ngamwongwan! Hope to see you tonight! For more enquiries please do not hesitate and contact 0874884281 Lynn! See you tonight !!

Thank you for the info!

Uncle Pang Nasi Lemak Bangkok. They don't have a shop just yet but they deliver around Bangkok.
Check their FB Page or contact them, 091 025 7269

Hello Vijay,
                  This is Tahir from karachi, Pakistan m coming to Thailand next week and will live there a year or more than a year. i had lived in Malaysia almost 5 years and had back to Pakistan in sep, 2012.

Now am gonna move to Thailand to start our company branch Consultancy and Import Exports Goods.

Sy Bulay cekap bahasa malayu lah, i pandai

Will glad 2 join you guys.
:)
Cheers

Hello Vijay, I would like to know if the malaysian food in Champions Sports Bar is as good as what you get in Malaysia? I really miss nasi lemak, and the only authentic Malaysian restaurant I know (Chili Padi) is already closed... what a shame!

Thank you! :)

Ditto about Secret Recipe's nasi lemak!

what do you mean ditto Shu ting?

Secret Recipe's nasi lemak is nothing like Malaysian/ Singaporean nasi lemak. Tried it at BNH Hospital in Sathorn/Silom (convent road). Very dissapointed

Been here for about 2 years, never knows about Usman. gonna check it out soon!
Thanks for the info.

Hi,

Just relocated to Bangkok and was searching for Nasi Lemak on the web and stumbled upon this forum. Wonder if you guys are still in BKK or meet up in person?

Saya baru sampai sini. Looking to settle down here and would greatly appreciate if someone can share some tips, guidance or insights over Nasi Lemak or something. Cheers.

Hi,
Whats your name and profession, where do you stay? I travel a lot and might not be able to see you soon but will definitely be able to catch up in end June/July
My name is Silva
Have been since 1996.
Regards

Hi,

I'm Nic. No job yet. Awaiting my spouse visa prior to my job hunt. I stay at SeriThai area, somewhere near the Mall Bangkapi.

Heading back KL now and will be back to BKK on 12th. Cheers.

hello, im wei zhi from penang, now working at bangkok.
nice to meet you all ~

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting external link on the Forum please

Hi We Zhi,
Welcome to Bangkok, where do you work and what do you here?

Im living at rama 3 working in telco field,how ab

Well Zhi,
I am a Perakian, living in Thailand for 20years now. I stay in Asoke and work for an American company. Office is in Thaniya Plaza. you must be very young.

As my profile suggests, my name is Nic and I'm a Malaysian based in Bangkok now. It's a bit of a last minute move but I'm wondering if anyone is interested to gather and have a bit of a Bersih Bangkok 4.0 ourselves. I'm suggesting to gather at a hotel's coffee shop outside of the Malaysian Embassy at Sathorn (Chaydon Sathorn) on 29th August 2015 at 1:00 pm local time. Meet up and a small walk or march towards the Embassy. What say you? Nic Wong **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : please do not share phone numbers on the forum.

Anyone from Malaysia Miss Kaya Toasted bread?

Cheese + Kaya toast for 30 thb?
Thats a good price.

Yes ~  :kiss:

Dear friends,

Champions Sports Bar in Sukhumvit Soi 11 will be moving to Ladphrao coming Dec 2015!  It was the only place where you can get a delicious Nasi Lemak and Curry Mee in Bangkok. So sad! My weekends nasi lemak got far away now! Please be informed.

Wondering which part of lad phrao. Hopefully not too deep inside.

Omg just joined this blog, and just got to know the nasi lemak place...and it moving away...sob sob