All the necessary Information about VIsas

mikyhi wrote:

Can my foreign wife and child also stay on my Thai investment visa?

"hi, please"and "thanks" go a long way in getting a reply.  :whistle:

mikyhi wrote:

Can my foreign wife and child also stay on my Thai investment visa?

If you are on a Non Immigrant B Visa Investment then the answer is yes providing your son is under 20 years old.

Both your son and the wife would require Non Immigrant O visa's(single entry) which can be obtained at home or in a nearby Asian country.

You don't give your nationality or that of your dependents which could effect visa issue.

The Non Immigrant O Visa in this case is often referred to as a DEPENDENT Visa and once in Thailand can be extended at your local immigration office to match your current permission to stay.

Thai Police Orders section 2.5 and 2.20 cover your circumstances

Thanks for you prompt reply. Our nationality is Dutch so hope that will be okay.
I'll make sure that we have the correct non-emigrant visa and understand now that I, incl. wife & child, can extent that into an investment visa based on the investment that is on my name.

mikyhi wrote:

Thanks for you prompt reply. Our nationality is Dutch so hope that will be okay.
I'll make sure that we have the correct non-emigrant visa and understand now that I, incl. wife & child, can extent that into an investment visa based on the investment that is on my name.

Yes no problem for EU. You will be on Investment visa which is Non Immigrant B Visa, the dependents need a Non Immgrant O visa.

If you do not have the visas yet the Thai Embassy in Holland rather than a consulate is probably better to deal with.

You might like to explore Thai Visa, should answr any questions you have.

Good luck.

Thanks, really useful tips. I'm gonne work on it!

mikyhi wrote:

Thanks, really useful tips. I'm gonne work on it!

A pleasure hope it all goes well.

I am visiting Pattaya again next month December 2014 for a month and I included volunteering on my itinerary. This means that I need to get Non-immigrant Category B? even if i'll just volunteer for a week or two?

Secondly,

If and if my work here allows me to work remotely, I'll most likely be in Thailand.. Do i need a visa for this even if I just work at home with the internet and my laptop?

cess0125 wrote:

I am visiting Pattaya again next month December 2014 for a month and I included volunteering on my itinerary. This means that I need to get Non-immigrant Category B? even if i'll just volunteer for a week or two?

Secondly,

If and if my work here allows me to work remotely, I'll most likely be in Thailand.. Do i need a visa for this even if I just work at home with the internet and my laptop?

No you don't need a B Visa for volunteering. You would need an O visa to comply with the law. As for working remotely, not sure I follow if you are only here for a month. Nothing to stop you accessing the Internet from your laptop  :cool:

Hi

Thanks for the useful information..

Hey there. You seem to know a thing or two about visas and thailand. So I purchased a plane ticket for about a three month stay. I did not however get a 60 day visa in advance as I was misinformed. I plan to make an itinerary showing that I plan to travel to say cambodia or a neighboring country and stay for say  4 weeks. Then go back to thailand for one more visit and leave feb the 28th. I was told by other bloggers that my airline may not take me becuase I have no visa upon boarding. Any thoughts. Sorry to bother you and thanks. Matt

Matthius wrote:

Hey there. You seem to know a thing or two about visas and thailand. So I purchased a plane ticket for about a three month stay. I did not however get a 60 day visa in advance as I was misinformed. I plan to make an itinerary showing that I plan to travel to say cambodia or a neighboring country and stay for say  4 weeks. Then go back to thailand for one more visit and leave feb the 28th. I was told by other bloggers that my airline may not take me becuase I have no visa upon boarding. Any thoughts. Sorry to bother you and thanks. Matt

Hi Matthius
I assume you are referring to me?
I also assume you are entitled to a 30 day visa exempt entry(see below).
If so there are a couple of ways you can go about things.

1.Enter 30 days visa exempt then do a border run(exit and return Thailand same day if you like), you should have no problems on re-entry. Even better if you stay over in Cambodia a while(re your OP).
On your return by LAND you get another 30 days PROVIDING you are from a G7 country. 15 days otherwise. If otherwise you need to FLY into Thailand to get 30 days visa exempt.
If you need more time extend second visa exempt entry at Thai Immigration for 30 days costs 1900 Baht.

2. Enter visa exempt extend at Thai Immigration for 30 days as above. Exit Thailand and buy a single entry tourist visa in Laos(easy) which gives you another 60 days and can also be extended for 30 days if you so desire.You might even get a second visa exempt entry but better to get TV.

You could do different permutations of the above if you think about it.

Alternatively fall in love, marry a Thai lady and get a 60 day extension of stay to celebrate the nuptuials!  :cool: (only joking)

BTW airlines can refuse boarding without a return ticket. Not seen any reports of it happening since the regs changed in August(i.e.additional 30 day ext to visa exempt) BUT it's worth contacting your airline to check  Some folk buy a cheap air Asia flight to cover their backs or even a rail ticket to Malaysia.

Forgot to add you can find comprehensive and ACCURATE answers to your Thai Visa questions here.

"BTW airlines can refuse boarding without a return ticket. Not seen any reports of it happening since the regs changed in August(i.e.additional 30 day ext to visa exempt) BUT it's worth contacting your airline to check  Some folk buy a cheap air Asia flight to cover their backs or even a rail ticket to Malaysia."

Thanks again. I have a round trip ticket. I am leaving on dec 2nd. and returning on Feb. 28th. So does this mean they can't refuse me? Unfortunately it being thanks giviving they are closed.

Ill take a look at that website thx

Matthius wrote:

"BTW airlines can refuse boarding without a return ticket. Not seen any reports of it happening since the regs changed in August(i.e.additional 30 day ext to visa exempt) BUT it's worth contacting your airline to check  Some folk buy a cheap air Asia flight to cover their backs or even a rail ticket to Malaysia."

Thanks again. I have a round trip ticket. I am leaving on dec 2nd. and returning on Feb. 28th. So does this mean they can't refuse me? Unfortunately it being thanks giviving they are closed.

Ill take a look at that website thx

No it does not mean they cannot refuse boarding(because you have a return ticket). You have no visa, so it is possible they might refuse. It's IATA regulations.

what is the dollar ratio to the Thai money ratio, say per 100 dollars, ur help would be appreciated.

geneboy wrote:

what is the dollar ratio to the Thai money ratio, say per 100 dollars, ur help would be appreciated.

If you work on 30 baht to the dollar you will be okay.

Thanks man, warm wishes from the states. I,m  still try,n  to figure out the visa situation. I,d like to stay either 1 yr or the rest of my life, lol.  I,m gettin differant aswers from differant people. Well intended, but confusing just the same.

Best you contact the Thai Embassy nearest you.
You should perhaps come over on a tourist visa and check the place out before deciding what you want to do. A tourist visa can be extended twice whilst in Thailand.

A visa issued by Thai Embassy is good for 60 days with 2 x 30 day extensions.
You can get 30 day visa on arrival. 

If extending visa do so at least 5 days before the present visa is due to expire.
I suggest you Google search for information and Thai Embassy contact details.

Hi, 

I know this is a very old post. Im just wondering did you go to thailand with a tourist visa and look for a job? I wanted to travel totto Thailand and to other neighbor country after my graduation however i don't wanna spend all my savings for my travel. What i want is to go to Thailand for tourist and see if i can find a part time job then stay for 3 months and move and travel to Vietnam or other country.

Yes, Filipinos can travel in most South East Asian countries with out problem, if they can prove that they will return home, by having a job, assets, or home in PH. Especially for Singapore or Hong Kong, those requirements are true.
I would be happy to discuss this matter with you, as I am staying in IT Park, in Cebu city, if you have time, please text me at 09273229577

Thanks a lot! Maybe a bank statement will do. Im working in IT park too just same building of jolibee at i3 building.  I'll send you a private message

lol. the lack of information and misinformation on staying in thailand is AMAZING. just learned you can extend your 30 day visa exemption FOR ANOTHER 30 DAYS simply by going to immigration and paying 1900 baht. LMAO

Rock On!!!
Very Very Useful INFORMATION
Live Long Thailand  :heart:

Hi,
My wife has landed a teaching job in pattaya, starting in September. As her husband I will be coming with her and hopefully getting a job before I arrive!

However if the job doesn't happen before can I arrive with a non immigrant cat b visa and then find work? Oh I'm a chef if that makes any difference??

Many thanks
Graham

grahamwheeler wrote:

Hi,
My wife has landed a teaching job in pattaya, starting in September. As her husband I will be coming with her and hopefully getting a job before I arrive!

However if the job doesn't happen before can I arrive with a non immigrant cat b visa and then find work? Oh I'm a chef if that makes any difference??

Many thanks
Graham

Seems you can work. Check out www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk  it states there that non immigrant B visa allows this along with other things for short periods.
I suggest you contact the Embassy for conformation.

Hi if I was to marry a thai woman can I become a resident of Thailand? Thanks for any help.

tarzan7 wrote:

Hi if I was to marry a thai woman can I become a resident of Thailand? Thanks for any help.

Very complicated, it is not just about being married to Thai, there is quota each year, it is expensive, you must speak basic Thai, you must work in Thailand and had paid minimum 3 years taxes, etc...

This was discussed in another forum https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=458321

Wow, thanks for the Info. I will probably just have to do regular visa runs, thanks

tarzan7 wrote:

Wow, thanks for the Info. I will probably just have to do regular visa runs, thanks

The law has changed regarding visa run since last year August 12th, you should find informations in internet

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa … 38504.html

You have the spouse visa if married to Thai valid for 1 year, financial requirement is 400,000 THB per year or 40,000 TH / month or mixed of both. It is still twice less than retirement visa for financial requirement and no minimum age, and you can work on spouse visa ( need work permit ), but not in retirement visa.

Oh, thanks, but I'm hoping mine will be a little easier. I am over 50, have more than the required amount to have a bank account and actually still work in the middle east. Hope that might make it easier. Thanks for your help

This visa deal can be easy or challenging.

A little research & it is generally "easy peasy".

Just commenced with the "blue ribbon" visas & gradually work down the scale until you meet one with which you can comply.

All over Red Rover!

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

As a Ugandan citizen, staying in Singapore on a tourist visa, can I apply for a Thai tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Singapore (which is not nearest to my home country)? Regarding funds, is a current bank statement with enough funds sufficient, or is a banking history over several months required?

Hello sandboxred,

As far as I know, for Thai tourist visa, the requirements are not very strict. Last time I traveled to Malaysia and Indonesia to apply for it and got it issued even though I did not reside in these two countries. So, I believe you should be able to submit your application to Thai Embassy in Singapore even though you do not live there.

In the past, applicant's financial information was not required. But the rules may have been tighter now. If you applied in Singapore, there is a requirement for certain amount of available funds.

Please check the link below:
http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters- … urist-visa

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Peder

ROYAL THAI EMBASSY IN SINGAPORE

THAILAND'S TOURIST VISA

Required documents:

1. One completed and signed visa application form

2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)

3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

4. Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number and date of entry and exit

5. Evidence of adequate finance ($1000 per person and $2000 per family)

6. Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document

Citizens of following countries are required to provide 2 application forms and 2 photos: Nigeria.

Citizens of following countries are required to provide 3 application forms and 3 photos: Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen.

Citizens of following countries are required to provide 4 application forms and 4 photos: China, North Korea , Iran

Important information► For applicants from *Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Cuba, Egypt, India, Iran, *Iraq, Kosovo, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal,  Nigeria, **North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Vietnam and Yemen who do not have long term passes*** and are therefore not currently residents of Singapore cannot apply for any types of visa at this Embassy

*Embassy cannot issue visa to applicant

**Embassy have to get approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand, and authorities concerned.

*** Long term passes must be valid for at least six months) 

Please note that

* Consular officers reserve the right to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary. 

* Consular officers reserve the right to refuse the application for a tourist visa if the applicant continuously stays in Thailand for more than six months under tourist visas, and are unable to provide sufficient evidence that  the purpose of visit is tourism.

* In absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.

* The applicant must sign on each page of copy.

* Passport holders from Middle East & South Asia and Africa may be required for interviews, please apply for visa with enough time for departure.

Validity:

Thailand's tourist visa will be valid for 3 months' period from the date of application. The period of stay in Thailand of the visa holder shall not exceed 60 days.

Fee: SG$ 50

--------------------------------------------------

A job well done Sir!
You have methodically and in detail explained the entire work permit process! Thanks!

Check out this link: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters- … pplication

► Nationals of the following countries must be residents of Singapore (i.e. must have long term passes issued by Singapore government) in order to apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore, otherwise they may apply for Thai visas at the country in which they are residents: Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Africa Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Congo DRC, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, India, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Kosovo, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Sao Tome Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somali, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and  Zimbabwe

I wonder how strict they're gonna be?

Thanks for the useful information.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic! Please drop advert in JOBS section

I have been hearing that the best way for me to stay in Thailand for up to 6 months is to visit A Thai consulate in the US and ask for A single entry tourist visa.Understand I need to take certain documents with me.Anyone know the ends and outs of this?

Maybe you could add details of the Thailand Elite visa. Many expats have got one and find them useful. They cost a bit of money though, so not for those on a tight budget. thailandexpatguide.org/thailand-elite-visa/