Schuttzie

How are things in Rincon? Are you guys enjoying the island? Still thinking of moving?

Hi, Gary!  Thank you, for thinking of us. Yes, even more than ever, lol.  We Love it here and we're already trying to plan for our next visit for a longer period.  We are meeting so many people and exploring much more of this area.  I just love how there is not even a stop light in Rincon yet everyone makes it work.  We walked often and people would stop on both sides to let us cross the road,...doesn't happen so much back home.  We drove to Guanica a couple of times because of high surf alerts in Rincon and our beach sort of "disappeared" and came back a couple of times.  But going through Mayaguez with the traffic congestion made us appreciate Rincon even more. The laid back atmosphere here is awesome.

I really want to try surfing sometime as my husband used to surf in California.  We did paddle boarding last year (loved it) but just ran out of time this year, haha!  We checked out Crash Boat Beach and it was beautiful with the gorgeous water color!  Aguada was really nice and had some nice beaches.

We found various veggy stands that suited our needs along with the store's supplies. Picking mangoes from the tree out back was terrific.  Had to laugh when we saw someone selling mangoes to the tourists next door that he picked up from down the street in a empty lot.  Even coconuts. Sadly, we must leave on Thursday but we will be back!

Great to hear that you guys enjoyed being on the island!

Oh, my goodness we were quite shocked to have to come home to -3 degrees :(  But spring will be just around the corner.  We did have a wonderful time and met lots of lovely people.  I really think we could make it work in Rincon.  Already spoke to someone willing to rent to us for a two bedroom apt. for $700/mo if we were to rent for a full year incl. all utilities.  It does seem that you need to be here to find deals and by word of mouth.

We are already trying to find when we come back, haha!

Schuttzie wrote:

We are already trying to find when we come back, haha!

I fully understand that at -3F. Brrrrr!

glad you're home OK. Frpzen isn't it?
We just got back from shopping in Rockford(Sams and Valli).
Let me know when it's convenient to get together.
I hope you still want to.
[email protected]

Hi, Larryfarrell!  Yes, we can get together very soon for maybe coffee or something.  We are settling back in in the tundra, haha.  Maybe next week, if you like, sometime?