Help South African Artist wants to find a Job & live in France!

Hi everyone, :)

My name is Vyroh Nkosi, I am a talented  22year old female artist and I live in South Africa. I'm  a musician, that sings and plays piano. I'm a painter and an actor. I want to find a job in France and move to France.
Can anyone help me? Or advice me?

Merci

Vyroh

Hi there,  if u need any advices let me know. Im french but use to live in london. Whitch can of job u looking for?

Hello Vyroh welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I suggest you place an advert in our Entertainment job offers in France section so as to increase your chances of finding a job in that field.

Regards

Kenjee

Thank you so much for your advice.
I will do just that.

Hi, thank you for your response. :)
Even though I'm an artist and would love to get a job as a musician. I'm also looking for a job teaching English, as an aupair/nanny ,a painter or a waitress.

Hi,

IMHO France, the nation of Arts & Letters is to forget for a time - we need first to get rid of the politicians-clowns ruling the economics since decades. The country is poorer and poorer, clogged with identity and cultural problems issuing from a badly managed immigration policy during the last 40 years. The global mood is bad and the minds are sad. Not much money to spend, not much fun to share.

But Switzerland just nearby my place remains healthy and attractive.
Since cost of living in Switzerland is quite high, staying at first in the bordering areas (french or italian sides) could be an option.

An artistic activity could find sound opportunities with the large base of tourism/business/Mice resorts all over the Leman lake (Geneva + the Riviera), and the higher mountain resorts in Vaud and Wallis cantons. The 'great lakes' area shall be interesting too. 'Depends on how you work and if you can organize tours in the places where wealthy visitors regularly come.

But as a piano artist, it would be difficult to move your main 'tool' with you... I cannot say much about this artistic business I am not aware of. However, there shall be some resources available on the Net for specific, niche occupations like yours. Scour official cultural employment advertisement boards. Maybe you will find something interesting.

Become a member of the Europeen Artist Association for work all over Europe.

bkkfarangset > your political opinions are not of interest on Expat.com. We're here to help each other, not to discuss about politics. Thanks

Hi if you want to live in switzerland, live in switzerland... I lived there for 6 years (brillant country by the way), but they don't really appreciate strangers that come and work, so don't live on the border because the swiss hate the people that live on the border, and you won't get any help or respect... Swiss life is not that expensive, your salary is up to the living (life in switzerland was way easier than in france...), and I lived in a top class skiing resort and managed as a single mum at the time. So go for it but NEVER live on the border to work there, unless you have no intention of making swiss friends...
good luck

I lived,worked and study for 22 years in Switzerland. My husband is Swiss-Serbien and our oldest daughter study in Zürich. A lot of people we met live over the border of Geneva but work in Geneva. It is more easier to work and study in Switzerland than France due to the language barrier. To work and live in the mountains is a world on it's own. The Swiss are very sceptical of strangers.