Running and cycling in Valencia

I'll be moving to Valencia for 3+ months next week and am looking for some friends while I'm there?

I'm also interested in whether anyone knows any running clubs or good cycling routes in Valencia?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated! :)

For running - Jardín del Turia / Riu Túria is brilliant.

For cycling - the most popular routes have to be to Cullera to the south and to the north Olocau / Gatova and Serra / Oronet. Check out strava. There are many cycling clubs in Valencia that go out all year round. Let me know if you need more details.

Wanted to jump in on this thread. I am looking to rent a bike while I am here to cycle on the road. Do you know anywhere in the city the rents road bikes? I have checked out Som Passage- a big Tri group here, but no one speaks English. Thanks in advance!

The only company that rents road bikes that I know of is "DoYouBike". One of the assistants in their shop on av. del Puerto speaks English and I presume people in the other shops should do too. The bikes are Merida, nothing special, but should do the job.

Hi!
You can also rent bikes at VLC Bikes (Pechina 32, close to Nuevo Centro Shopping Center). Good bikes.
They also organize bike tours with guides, 25euro for 3hrs.
Turia Park/Beach are great for running & biking. Maybe also check the website gorunningtours.com/index.php/city-valencia

If you need help with papers, housing etc check moving2valencia.eu. Good luck & welcome soon!

I really don't think 'Valencia Bikes' offer road bikes, but I could be wrong, of course.

OK , didnt realize road bikes was what you were looking for. They do have mountain bikes. And speak English..Good luck, happy biking :-)