Medical check for work visa, residence visa

Hi there,

I was advised by one of expats here the rule may be changed regarding medical check for work visa in Bahrain.

Could you advise a few following questions regarding the health or medical check to get a work visa and a residence visa?

Is there any blood test especially for Hep B?
    Is there any medical test including blood test for family?
    Medical test for work visa and another one for residence visa?

I was surprised from the web that this is case by case and also depending on nationality too.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi,

This is the official link from LMRA web, which give you the details.

https://services.lmra.bh/e-support/inde … aminations

kindly go through it.

T&R

I have done my medical test today so want to share some experience here.

I came to Bahrain with visitor visa a month ago and currently I am in the process of work visa.
I had my CPR and work visa sticker on my passport.

I went Al Razi Health Centre. My test was booked at 1 20 pm but I was there early as I learned something here in Bahrain. The first step was on the 1st floor to register. I took a number ticket and waited for about 30 min. I registered for the test and received a paper that shows the procedure. The numbers on the paper are room numbers so go to the designated room for each test or simply follow someone In front of you.   
Following registration the next stop was x-ray on the ground floor. I had to take off my shirt in the queue. It was not a good experience. It took 5 mins.
The next stop was blood pressure and eye test in another room on the same floor. It took another 5 mins.
Doctor consultation was the next on the same floor in a different room. The doctor checked my heart sounds. After that he put the date and time on the paper for collecting test results which is a couple of days later. It took 2 mins.
The entire test including waiting time was about 1 hr.

The staff were ok if they smile more it would be much better.

There was no blood test so I believe it depends on the job category.
My flat mates, accountant, IT manager and engineering supervisor, did not have any blood test either.

Thank you for sharing your experience flee27.

T&R

last update for this.

Two days later I went to the health centre again.
I went to the first floor and got the number ticket. I waited for 30 min.
At the counter I showed the paper which I received two days ago at my medical and then I received a certificate with 'FIT' on it.
Now everything is sorted.

I am not sure what the process is if 'UNFIT' is on the certificate.

flee27 I am on my family visit visa now here in bahrain. I want to transfer to a working permit. Can you help me on the details exiting bahrain and coming back again for working visa processing. You went to Al Razi Health Center when? while you are on visit visa? Is exiting to dubai and having a medical check up there another option? please help me on this.

I only can tell you what I experienced and there is no guarantee for others to have experience in the same way.

I came here on visitor visa but I had already contract with my employer. My employer insisted that I can covert to work visa easily here in Bahrain. Almost everything was sorted out by the employer and all I need to do were to get medical test and to convert my driver licence. These were also helped by someone who was organised by the employer.

The first thing you have to do is to find the job.

Hay guys
Is British national required medical test. I had an offer as hotel general manager and I would like to take the offer

However, I do have Hep C is that an obstacle to continue

Please advise

Thanks

Hi flee27
How do I know which job category required blood test or no. Any idea

Thanks

all I know are from my expereince.

engineering technician, engineering supervisior, accountant, IT person no need blood test.
they are indian, pakistan and korean.

good luck.

Thank you flee27

I just back from my 3 days trip in Bahrain which I accept the offer. However, upon asking questions I came to know about medical test. Unfortunately I am Hep C so I told my employer

They are now looking into the matter

Thanks again for the information

Hey. How did u get on? As I'm also British, just arrived here n heard about the issue of Hep C.

Hiii
I am work in Bahrain ,i got gud job offer in oman ,there required gamca medical or gcc medical any hospital available in bahrain to do gcc medical or gamca .i am indian nationality .

Ask you potential employer in Oman if you can do it here, else you have to do it from your home country.

T&R

Dear Sir,

Recently I was selected for Bahrain for employment. I undergone a medical test in GAMCA Hyderabad. Initially they said you have small calcification on X Ray. Then I did Chest CT scan and re appeared, they given fit certificate. If I came to Bahrain, Is there any problem in medical? Can you please provide suggestion?

T&R

You have GAMCA FIT certificate.  They will do an x-ray again in Bahrain.  It should not be a problem as they are less rigorous than GAMCA.

Thanq for your reply. PPD test came positive. Is it fine for proceed the resignation. Pls advice.

T&R

Ok now you are giving the whole story. PPD test being positive means you have been exposed to or have latent TB (if no chest xray evidence).

Look it's your decision. I would say not to resign until you clear medical in bahrain. As if they detect something in xray, they will do PPD or sputum and it will be positive from what you have said.

Hi all, hope I get the best of answer or solutions to my problems.
Actually around 2001 I had an open heart surgery medical term is (A.S.D) . After that doctors told me I have or I will have no heart issues in the future. Today I went for medical test for Bahrain where they had taken blood samples,they injected me for chicken pox vaccine and once I entered the x-ray room I was asked to remove my shirt inners where the doctor and technician saw scare on my chest for the above mentioned operation and they deemed me unfit and they didn't any further. I surfed in the internet and LMRA and gamca where there was no such thing given as chest scare or operation will be deemed unfit. So can someone please help me as I desperately need this job I have been waiting for an opportunity to raise my family standard with the job I got once I get an experience. So please reply with a best possible solution kindly. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yasar.

Unfortunately i have heard of such cases where in a person was declared unfit because of this and even after explaining about the operation there was not change. Try contacting your employer and explain them the situation and see if they can do something from their end.

T&R

Hi,

I am moving to bahrain in Jan 2019. I did my medical check up in London, where in the doctor found a shadow in xray near the lower end of food pipe. Then i went for a CT scan thorax where it was clear that my lungs, heart etc all are fine. But doctor said i may have hiatus hernia and thus she mentioned abnormal x ray in the medical form. She deemed me fit, but mentioned comments that further test may be required. Now i have got the work visa after submitting the report she had prepared. My question is how rigorous will be the medical test when i reach bahrain?
Also, when medical check ups are done ine bahrain. Don't they take urine sample, stool sample, blood samples etc. From the above posts it seems chest x ray is the only body examination.

They do blood tests, urine, eye tests, chest x-ray and a general medical examination.  Stool is only for some professions.

Any abnormality on the chest x-ray creates problems in all of the GCC.  The burden then falls on you to try to convince them that this is not TB.  And in a lot of cases, they refuse out of hand if there is doubt.

Thanks Xtang.
To clarify i got a work visa with above explained medical report. Now suppose once i get to bahrain and they do a chest xray, and if they find that shadow to problematic, what further test will they do?
I have already done a sputum test, I don't have TB. Also in the x ray shadow is not on the lungs. Further my CT scan reports also show that there is no scar etc on lungs.

It really depends. It could be that there is no issue. If there is an issue, they can do a sputum or skin test but at times, they don't bother and just reject. It's really all a matter of case to case here.

The only medical that matters is the in country medical. Every other medical is just a reference point. Gamca is more highly regarded as its more stringent than the in country medical.

Medical Test will depend on your work title.
Some will get only:
General Check up consultation medical history taking..
Eye test using snellen chart..
Blood Pressure..
Urine analysis
And X ray

That was the first Medical I have in Bahrain
When I change my status as a part of the health care team these medical come through.

General Check/ History Taking
Blood pressure taking
Eye test using snellen chart
Urinalysis
Stool Examination
Blood Test (HIV, HEP.B, HEP. C, VDRL)
X-ray

You will not get all the result copy if you wouldnt asked a copy ( which i didnt ask) because everything is fine 😉

Incorrect.  Things have changed.

Everyone now goes through the standard medical which blood test, chest x-ray, eye test, urinalysis and doctor examination.  Stool test is the only one which is profession specific.

The only difference was that back in 2014, when I had my first medical (on a director profession), they didn't do urine and doctor examination.  But as I said, now this has changed and especially with the new private clinics they have added - they actually now have you verify identity through fingerprint before doing tests. 

Lastly, the thread is very old.  The original poster started in 2015.  We are discussing the last set of replies regarding chest x-ray issues and not the original post.

Hi,

How thorough is the medical examination? And do they request a medical history from your local GP?
Are you deported if you fail the medical in Bahrain?

Thorough at least as much as blood tests and xray is concerned. No history from gp taken. And yes they deport if you fail it.