Inquiry for visa fee and processing

Good day.

Anybody here can help me to know how much the visa processing and how long it will process? I was hired by Oil company and they want me to go there on March 2, 2015. they gave me Kero Travel and Tour to process my visa. Is it normal way for the employer  does not shoulder the visa of the employee and they pass it to an agency?

Thank you in advance.

Hi. I also received an employment letter from Norway and they refer me to Kero Travel and Tour. I have sent message yesterday, but until now I received no reply. The company will want me to report on March 4, 2015,. so I must be in Norway on March 2, 2015. Is it possible to process my working permit in less than a month?  My employer said all process of Kero Travel and Tour will only take 5-7 working days. I came from Philippines. So I wonder will it be possible for me to go there?

Anybody here working in Morten oil and gas exploration? I just want to know their hiring procedure?

Thank you very much.

Same here. I was hired yesterday by Morten Oil and Gas Energy.  They sent me employment letter, and instructed me to contact Kero Travel and Tour. But the process of less than 1 (one) month for working permit is really impossible. I am starting to doubt now. and I reseach their address, there was no morten oil, even in Norway directory. Snaroyveien 30 and Lysaker are two different place. It is not same address. I don't know if it is really legal in my point of view.

Hi Guys,

I just want to share about my side! Yes we are all same Hired yesterday from Morten Oil and Gas, I am also curious about this! So i was trying to search it and asked my friends since yesterday till now, but it sad to say that we are also starting to doubt about this company, they just hired me without any call or interview, and also when i found their web site  (morten-oilgas.com/) they put only "WHO WE ARE" only this, no other details or site, So i really confused now!

We hope that somebody will help us and tell us more about this.  THANKS!!!

Sorry, but this smells very fishy..... I think it is a scam and would proceed with caution.

I could not find any company listed under that name in the brønnøysundregistrene (all companies in Norway are registered there.)

If visas are indeed handled by Kero Travel and Tour (which I doubt), UDI / the Norwegian embassy should know. I would contact the embassy and ask.

My suspicion: whoever is behind Morten oil and gas tries to scam people over visa processing fees.

And jeff1111098  is right: visa fees are usually paid by the employer (but not necessarily for family members).

The website is registered with an american ISP on a shared website
http://whois.domaintools.com/morten-oilgas.com

The website itself is a copy paste of a smaple template created with an  automated system (http://www3.dragndropbuilder.com/) and was last updated in 2013 (I won't comment on the quality of the website itself).

The address for the company is a Post office box.

Last time I checked oil and gas companies had enough money for something slightly more professional :)

I would pass if I got hired by them :)

Thank you guys for sharing all your thoughts. I believed that this company is fake and they want to get money easily to  innocent people. Please be careful for all the transaction that you made in the email.

I'm not finding the name they have listed on their website in the registry of norwegian companies here
http://w2.brreg.no/enhet/sok/treffliste … ;kommune=0

all companies that are doing business in Norway should be in this listing.

Furthermore, their address makes no sense- it has two towns and two postcodes! The one in Fornebu is where Telenor is registered which is a bit odd if this company that seems to be hiring dozens of people is also listed there.

http://kart.gulesider.no/?q=Snar%C3%B8yveien%2030

sounds like a scam indeed!

Hi All. Thanks for all the advice here. That indeed a scam.

wow.! this is alarming... i was actually wondering how this "Morten Oil and Gas company" was able to get hold and contact people who were actually interested in working to Norway... :/ quite scary...

btw, can you post the email address you got the recruitment letter from?

Hi  pheebz0501,

Below are the email address of the recruitment agency:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

They are can not be trusted and scam. Please take extra caution. And when meet by scammer,.  it is always advisable to reseach first.

any company that claims to be legitimate and is writing from a hotmail address is definitely a scam!

fwiw, I also checked their phone number in the Norwegian Yellow Pages and you guessed it, not found. I could understand individuals hiding their listing (I've done this for my number) but a company that's not found in there is highly suspect.

ECS thanks for the shared information  :)

I did also some research in Norway's Oil Company Directory, and can't find any. And the address they were using. Damn those people behind that scam.  I think they have low IQ  :D:D:D:D   and stupid as well. 

Anyways, thanks to this blog and to all of you for sharing information to us.

i agree.. using hotmail as company email is a dead give away that its more likely a "ghost" company... i guess we have to be vigilant since these kind of scams exist...

and thank you to everyone here who helped in verifying the legitimacy of this employment scheme.  :thanks:

...that still leaves the question how the scammers got hold of the applicants contact details.  Did they hack into a database somewhere or used linkedin?
I wonder if there is a institution this should or could be reported to. Such scams are just enraging and still too many desperate applicants fall for this stuff.

thats what im curious about too... seems like the people being recruited are from different countries.. the common link is that they all are Filipinos... but it can still be a number of things.. it is possible that this scammer created a fake account in linkedin to gather email addresses... but to get contacted at around the same time for a group of people who are members of this forum? talk about coincidence...

were u contacted thru ur personal emails? via linkedin? or thru expat-blog perhaps?

anyways, i tried but i cant find anything about Kero Travel and Tours either :(

Its totally a scam,,, I have a friend in Norway working in Avant Offshore company... I asked him with regards on our email, he said the they have a work labor crisis in norway specifically in east norway so people living their needs to survive on a daily bases... and its not proper to process your papers on a travel agency,,, POEA was incharged for all direct hiring company as may friend does...

As a revenge for the scammer send him a request to shoulder your expenses!

May friend didn't spend large amount of money to process his paper... every month that he was in the Philippines waiting for his ticket the company provides him a weekly allowance....

Beware my fellow workers!

yohan,

For me they saw my resume in monstergulf job seekers website!

MORTEN OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION does not exist.

Beware my fellow workers!

yohan,