Any Malaysian in thailand?

I been living in Bangkok for the past 5 years cause my husband is Thai. I do not really have malaysian friends as I a not  where they all  are:) any malaysian out there living in thailand feel free to msg me:)

Hi there,

My name is Vijay. I live in Sukhmvit area. I live and work here in Thailand for pass 6 years.

I have many Malaysia Chinese, Indian & Malay friends here in Thailand.

Where do you live?

[Moderated: Avoid using Copy/Paste method.]

Are you a Malaysian as well

Hi,

I am Victor, new to Bangkok.
Malaysian here.

Hi Anyapol
Sorry to get in touch late...i'm from KL and which part of Malaysia are you from? Me too have been living here for few years already...i also got to know some Malaysians through this site...so are working here in Bangkok with your husband? Maybe we can exchange some ideas about Bangkok about jobs etc...

Hope to hear from you

Best wishes
Jude

Hi Guys, I have been here for 17 years, write to me if needed

Yes, from Taiping Perak

are you in Bangkok?

Hi Rose
Yes i'm in Bangkok for the last couple of years...and how about you? Are you from KL? Working here? Anyway i'm looking forward to meet up with some Malaysians..eating too much local and miss chit-chat Malaysian style..

Hope to hear from you

Best wishes
Jude

I travel between Chiangmai and Bangkok.  My boyfriend is from Penang and we have been doing lots of tour from KL and Penang to Hatyai, Bangkok and Chiangmai.  How about set up a meeting sometime next week. Where do you live?

Hi Rose
Nice to hear you guys travelling...if you need any advice on Chiang Mai or anywhere in Thailand..just let me know maybe can help you guys a bit with that..I'm in travelling and tour business all about  about Thailand and Indochina....so much things to see here...
Ya... meeting up next week is fine maybe for coffee or something..where you guys live in Bangkok...i got hundreds of hotels..anything to do with tours...you can ask me..
I used to lived in Sukhumvit but now moved to Sathorn are where the Malaysian Embassy is located but i'm far from them haha....

Hope to fix a meeting with you guys..maybe you can pass me your mobile number then it's easier....

Cheers...Happy travelling....
Jude

Hi Guys... just wondering if anyone is interested in creating a facebook group dedicated for Malaysian's living in Thailand? If ada then let me know i would love to join the group.. Btw my name is iskandar and i leave in Nakhon si thammarat...

There is Kelab Malaysia and Malaysia Thai Chamber Of Commerce with lots of Malaysians. Some of them are here with their spouse and kids. They organize gatherings and meetings. Malaysia embassy always host national day party on 31 August so many Malaysians are there too.

Dear Iskandar Ali
You can get in touch with me, Nokhon Si Thamarat, wow, you are far away from the city.
REgards
Silva

Hi, All. Not been living in thailand, but maybe in future?Travel to Bangkok frequent coz  have a gf who is thai and working there in bangkok - medical field. i think is it good that someone can created a FB group or just a whatapp group for information sharing that voice up by Iskandar.Ali. 

Personally , i am from JB site.

Rayson

Why Nakhon Si Tammarat? You can mail me at [email protected]. Are you from KL?

Rejoice wrote:

There is Kelab Malaysia and Malaysia Thai Chamber Of Commerce with lots of Malaysians. Some of them are here with their spouse and kids. They organize gatherings and meetings. Malaysia embassy always host national day party on 31 August so many Malaysians are there too.

Thank You for the info.... really appreciate it...

Silvakumar wrote:

Dear Iskandar Ali
You can get in touch with me, Nokhon Si Thamarat, wow, you are far away from the city.
REgards
Silva

Thanks Silva, Nice to meet you, My wife's hometown is in NST so we ended up starting a business here... i will definetly get in touch with you when im around in BKK...

Jude Law Son wrote:

Why Nakhon Si Tammarat? You can mail me at [email protected]. Are you from KL?

Hi Jude, i have already mailed you... and yes im from KL well more like shah alam..

Hi, I'm from Shah Alam too. We can hang out if you're in Bangkok.

Hi everybody!! I am Ipoh boy. Currently living in Bangkok Ekamai!! Is good to know that there is a blog for Malaysian. It will be great to know you all. Iskandar.Ali is the one who intro me to this blog. Thanks bro

ril.zd wrote:

Hi, I'm from Shah Alam too. We can hang out if you're in Bangkok.

Sure Ril.zd, i will beep you when im heading towards bkk

Josephcwm wrote:

Hi everybody!! I am Ipoh boy. Currently living in Bangkok Ekamai!! Is good to know that there is a blog for Malaysian. It will be great to know you all. Iskandar.Ali is the one who intro me to this blog. Thanks bro

Hi Bro, Glad to see you here too....

I am not Malaysian Born but i have been living in Malaysia almost 4 years. Can speak MALAY Tamil. m coming to Thailand next week hope to chat with you. Live Long

There are many Malaysians in Thailand but are all not regimented here and mostly who register once they find their own ways usually do not even see the postings on Expat.coms.

Are you going too stay here in Bangkok or passing thru.

Hello Malaysians in Thailand! Apa khabar?

I'm planning to move there in May for 6 months but on tourist visa. Any suggestions/experiences doing visa runs with Malaysian passport?

I'll be on Koh Chang close to Cambodia, but visa run there will only give me 15 days each time at the cost of 1800 BHT.

Going back to Malaysia seems to be a great option, but it's so far from Koh Chang. Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to contact the Malaysian Embassy and ask the for advise
Good Luck

Hi fellow Malaysians

I am a Malaysian as well. Have been staying in Thailand for over 9 years now. I stay in Kanchanaburi.  Hope we can all get to meet up one day.

Hi there,

I'm Cassandra I'm looking to chit chat with someone who is already in Thailand, as I am going to there end of this month with my partner. I just want to know and learn how is things there so i can prepare myself when I get there. I have been trying to job hunt while I'm still here in Malaysia but so far no luck.

So I guess most likely I will be going there on tourist visa , and will be doing visa runs to stay longer as well. At mean time I just genuinely to get to know how are things there and you know maybe the possibility to hunt job once I get there.

Appreciate honest advice and just to make friends when I get there :).

Cheers,
Cassandra

Hi Cassandra

If you are coming here on a tourist visa, then go to the Thai embassy and make sure you apply for one which has multiple entry.

I think it is important for you to know where you want to base yourself and what kind of work you want to do.  Getting a proper legal work permit here is not a cheap process. So depending on the job (and hence, how specialized is your skills), it may not always be that easy to just get a job here.

Cheers

JUdy

Hi I'm fr Singapore but I have Malaysia friend here.

It's not easy for foreigners getting a job in Thailand unless you have the skills they need. Go for the legal way with work permit when working on long term.

But if your employment is on short term then your employer will arrange a business visa for you.

I've been here just before the asian financial crisis in 1997 till now.

PM me if you wish to know more.

If you wish to work in Thailand, then you must have a work permit. A business visa alone will not allow you to work. If caught working without a valid work permit, you will be deported.

Can you tell me please, what can you do with a business visa? By visiting factories, having meetings, checking premises, guiding and teaching staff is it working? How does one get a work permit if one does not have a business visa first?
Thanks

A business visa allows you to apply for a work permit.  Without a business visa, you cannot get a work permit.

If you are visiting a factory, having meetings or checking premises on behalf of your company that is based out of Thailand, then you do not need a visa or work permit. But if that is your job from a company in Thailand, then, yes it is working.

Teaching is also working. I believe you need an education visa and a work permit for that.

I am not sure in what context you are referring to when you say guiding. If tour guide, then that is prohibited in Thailand. Only Thais can be tour guides.

Thank you for your fast reply and answers.

Sorry if my knowledge differs from yours. Foreigners enter Thailand on a 14 days - 30 days visa upon arrival subject to different nationalities.

Some of them are here for business meetings or conduct seminars or training etc here. Some are here to conduct interview to hire staff or meet goverent officials like apply BOI status etc

Some are here to sign contracts too or offer their quotations etc.

If all these are not work then what it is?

The Thai immigration has a law and it stated that if you have a working desk for work in the office then you are consider working.

Many public listed thai companies have foreigners working in their companies on business visa too. These people are here for short spell like few months as some are on multiple entry business visa but for 1 year.

I know few foreigners came over here for work on business visa. A home is provided plus allowance paid to him but no salary.

Spoken to lawyers too and law stated if you have a working desk means you are working. Perhaps you may like to check on your side.

But if you are here on tourist visa then is totally different as you apply for tourist visa which means tourist. You can be going to the company daily or often.

Business visa is you can transact business so one is working.

Hi Cassandra,
I agree with Judy, do not come if you do not have proper documents.
Make sure you have a confirmed address for stay upon entry.

It is not as easy as before, go thru headhunters to find opportunities.

Good Luck here in Thailand.

Regards
Silva

Wow u been thailand so long . Any ideas can easily get job in Thailand ? I am Malaysian too .

Thanks for the replies. My partner keep convincing me that we can just get there first and see how it goes. He thinks that it would be more convenient to find job there once I get there. I was just wondering how, how would the visa arrangement be like if I do somehow manage to get a job offer there.

Now I can get a slight ideas what are the chances like. Maybe for me it will be more difficult then, I worked in customer service and experienced in Front desk (resorts), and it looks like most of this job they only hiring thai natives.

Will try our luck i guess.