Cost of living in Morocco – 2015

Hi all,

We invite you to talk about the cost of living in Morocco in 2015, with an updated price listing.

Don't forget to mention in which city of Morocco you are living in.

How much does it cost to live in Morocco?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.)

> food prices (your monthly budget)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> education prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> price for a coffee or a drink

> price for cinema tickets

Do not hesitate to add items to this list! ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation.

I have a pretty big apartment with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The cost is just $200 usd....

Food, it seems that healthy food is cheap and junk food is expensive (the apposite in the US)

Taxi from airport to center of rabat was about 200MAD or about $20usd.

Overall, the cost of living is very low in my opinion compared to the US. I do have to say, it depends on location. I am living in Oujda, all the way up north east. Rabat or Cassablanca is going to be different, especially cost for apartment.

Rent in the central area of Casablanca is quite high. In Maarif, one of the most expensive areas, the cost of a two bedroom apartment, is around 6200MAD without bills. Water and electricity are expensive utilities and add on another 400 MAD. Gas is cheap and lasts for a long time (30-40 MAD).
Taxi is the most common type of transport around Casa after personal car, and can be quite costly depending on the commuting distance. Min. fare 8MAD.
Tram is just 7MAD, but covers just limited territory.
Eating out can get pretty expensive in Casablanca. But can find good traditional food like tajines for 30MAD, salads around 25MAD, couscous on Fridays 30-45MAD. But preparing your own food definitely saves the budget, I can be comfortable spending around 250MAD if I eat at home.

I live in Bouznika, a small coastal town between Casablanca and Rabat.  My lovely, fully furnished one bedroom apartment, ground floor, with private courtyard rents for 2.500DH per month.  Water is about 63Dh per month and electricity is high in winter because of lack of central heat and having to use an electric heater.  Last bill was 350 some DH, but it is usually about the same as the water cost in warmer weather.  Food is not expensive at all, and since I'm vegetarian, it does not cost me much to purchase all the fresh vegetables and fruits I need at the souck or at the local merchants, usually 10dh a kilo, with eggs 1dh per egg, 1 lt of milk 9dh.  About 500dh per week can feed two people.  I don't eat out, for lack of restaurants and because I'm vegetarian, but coffee or tea is 7dh at the cafes, except on the beach,, where the prices soar to 20dh a cup.  Transportation is very good, with local taxis charging between 5 and 10dh, 17 dh one way by train to Rabat, buses inexpensive and running all the time as well.  Rental cars are 200dh per day, but soaring during Ramadan to 400dh or more and difficult to get during July.  All in all, I love living in Morocco and find that my retirement suffices for basic living, except when I want extras.

I am wondering the cost of living in Mohammedia, breaking down to rent, utitilyt, food, transportation, medical , and clothing

Try www.numbeo.com