Cricket 2nd time around

Hi, anyone fancy a game of cricket in or near Chisinau?
I am happy to try to locate a place to play, prepare the ground and form a club if required.
We will need approx 25 players to form 2 teams initially, then we can look further for other teams to play.

Hello Rapbom

So as to better spread the word I suggest you to drop an advert in the Sport partners in Moldova

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Many thanks, will do.

Hi, this is David from Australia. I know there are clubs that would visit Chesnau for several friendly games of cricket, even if you can only muster one team. This type of visit is likely to help you in establishing an ongoing entity and, hopefully, future development of the game in Moldova. There are two teams which come to mind, that make it their mission to visit unusual locations for a series of cricket matches. One is the Carmel Cricket Club from Northern Wales and the other is The Fellowship of Fairly Odd Places (FFOP) Cricket Club. Both clubs are on Facebook and I'm sure would welcome any interaction with you. Erik Boumeester is the person you should communicate with at FFOP. Another friend of mine, Staffan Lageson, is a long time member of the Malmo Cricket Club in Sweden (an ICC Affiliate). I'm not sure if they'll tour, but its worth asking. Ofcourse, there are clubs in other ICC Affiliated nations, ie, Czech Republic, Finland, Norway, Russia, Estonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Slovenia and Hungary, as well as cricket-developing non-member nations, ie. Slovakia, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovena, Macedonia and Montenegro, just to name a few. As you are probably aware, cricket is more developed through most of western Europe, as well as Israel (Associate), Greece and Cyprus (both Affiliates). Israel and Cyprus are members of the European Cricket Council (ECC) for the sake of expediency. It may also be worth making prelimenary contact with the European Cricket Council and the ICC's European Development Officer. I'm happy to engage in further dialogue, in case I can be of any use to you. I wish you much success in your endeavours.

I'm with Prague Barbarians CC, I'll throw the idea out as I'm moving to MD this winter. F

I am moving to MD in July 2017 and hope to join the team, which I expect to be flourishing by then