Opening a Company and get sponsorship to live in Thailand

Hello!

Some people told me that opening a Company and get sponsorship to live in Thailand is a nightmare, other said it just takes $1k per year - plus taxes of course - and you are all set.

Some background info: married, working online, so location is not that important. However, we do need to travel quite often for work, so we would enter/exit Thailand often. Being a perpetual tourist does not look appealing to us, that leaves you 100% at the mercy of the immigration policy.

If you have experience with opening a Company in Thailand, being sponsored by it, and the associated costs. it would be really great to hear from you. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The upfront price to set a company up in Thailand depends upon who you use to do it for you.  People typically quote 50,000 baht.  My accountant charges me 23,000 baht and he takes about a week to do it.  Sponsorship?  Think you are talking about a work permit.  There are additional requirements, notably 4 employees in the social system, and minimum company set up 2 mil baht limited liability (doesn't need to be cashed up).  And, records that your 4 employees have been in the system for at least 6 months.  When you meet that requirement, you are ready to apply for a work permit.

I should also point out, that the company setup rules were changed recently, and it's now possible for a foreigner to hold 51% share in the company, not as previously 49%.  Still need two other Thai nationals to set it up though.

Small correction to the last post, foreigners can now own up to 60% of a company in Thailand

Thank you so much! That is great news. Can you please mention an official Thai source/website which states those changes? THANKS!

I haven't got a Thai Government reference, but will endeavour to get one and post it here for you.  But, I personally own 60% share of my own company, and my accountant told me it was only a new amendment to the Act.  Here is a reference to it that I found on the internet. http://www.bia.co.th/005.html

Will try and get something from my accountant and post it here.