Friendless in Trier :)))

Anyone from Trier or around it? Luxembourg?  Coming from NYC what a culture shock omg..... The job thing impossible! Even with a four year degree, if I dont speak 3 languages its a no go..... How disappointing :(

hey, i moved to Luxembourg in september with my boyfriend and it is a serious culture shock! we are struggling to make friends here as we dont speak french very well!!

do yuo come to Luxembourg city often?

Hey Annmarie!! I come once in awhile, I dont have a car. My husband does but he takes it to work everyday. Where are you originally from? Do you have facebook? ttl :)

Hey its very hard to get around sometimes here without a car. i dont have one yet here and i struggle! Im originally from a small island called jersey, near england, what about yoi?
yes i have facebook, whats your name on it and ill add you as its easier to talk on there!

Hi there all. I am of Irish decent, but most would consider me British. I am moving to the area in jan 2011. I have be forewarned about the need for a car, so am driving there from the UK. I have been out for a three day indoc with a new company I will be working at. I will be living on the German side of the border, crossing daily into the Lux side for work. My wife will be coming out with me soon. We would both be interested in meeting new expat friends out there. I do speak French, but it is very rusty... and I have to get learning German too! Hope we can all help each other feel more at home... its a new and exciting experience!!! :)