I am an American, and would like to visit and possbly relocate to Netherlands. Any advice from anybody?

yaa man come to HOlland , Just chill out

Divom,
How's life generally in Holland? Can I get a job there?

Hi Computedoc!

Finding a job in the Netherlands is very difficult without knowing the Dutch language. Dutch is required also for the jobs where no speech is needed. But it is difficult also for the ones who speak Dutch fluently because local employers have very high standards.
Once I've read the interview of a Dutch guy who moved to Ireland for a job. He found it through EURES (European Employment Services) and he told he couldn't find a job in his country because he had a little work experience. And he told exactly the same thing I wrote here: too much high standards.
I'm telling you this story only to make the idea of how the job hunt is diffcult here.

In any case, It depends also on your background, of course. What did you study? And what kind of work experience have you got? Which skills did you develop and/or improve?

Good luck!
Licia

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Like Lucia already mentioned, it depends about your background, your study, skills, experiences and the list can go on and on. Beside the job hunting, where  you want to live in the Netherlands?

If you need more information you must provide us with more details about you want to know.