I need some advice/help

anybody here can help me? i just wanna know what is the process of going to sri lanka?
coz my Bf is a sinhalese we are planning to get marry..  he will sponsor me. any one can tell me what i have to do? do i need to apply for a visa? fiancee visa? tourist visa? do i have to bring "show money"? im a filipina.. help us please. we really love each other so much. please help us. what we need to do? .. Paressamen. Budusaranai :)

why i cant read the replies on my post :(
please send me message ... thank you so much for your help..

aireenuyumi wrote:

why i cant read the replies on my post :(
please send me message ... thank you so much for your help..

Your 2nd post was approx 30 minutes after your first post. Do you really expect people to be hovering over their keyboards waiting to answer you.

Patience please as members have other priorities.

Thank you.

no.. coz i thought i have 33 replies that i cant read.. but i realized its a number of people already seen my post its not a number of replies.. sorry my mistake... :)

Hi,

You can find official answers here
immigrationlanka.com/Info-2-6.html

JRS

From my personal experience, I can tell you that a TOURIST VISA is very difficult to convert to any other type of visa, so my advice would be, to get a VISIT VISA which you can get from any Sri Lankan Embassy abroad.

Then, get married, either wherever you are, or in Sri Lanka, and apply immediately for a SPOUSE RESIDENCE VISA here at the Immigration Dept. in Sri Lanka.

Your Visit Visa will only last for about 90 days, so please fulfil the formalities at the earliest, if you want to be able to stay here for longer.....

Good Luck!

First you come in a tourist visa and marry him
You have to submit Passport and copy
birth certificate and copy
if divorced that certificate and copy
Thats all. You dont need to submit any money or anything.
After getting married you will be able to live in Sri Lanka as the wife of a Sri Lankan.
Best of luck

Mal, just to correct you a little bit, I don't believe that they should come on a Tourist Visa and try to convert it to a Residential Visa, because the Immigration Dept. is pretty strict about that, supposedly because arriving on a Tourist Visa knowingly for other purposes, in itself, shows your dishonesty, and they have many problems with Journalists, Politicians, and foreign people and even expats with other agendas showing up in Sri Lanka on Tourism Visas and engaging in other activities, and so they are pretty strict about it.

Much safer for them to come on a Visit Visa, which can easily be converted to other types of Visas, i.e., Investment and/or Residential, if all their documentation is OK.

Cheers!

samsrilanka wrote:

Mal, just to correct you a little bit, I don't believe that they should come on a Tourist Visa and try to convert it to a Residential Visa, because the Immigration Dept. is pretty strict about that, supposedly because arriving on a Tourist Visa knowingly for other purposes, in itself, shows your dishonesty, and they have many problems with Journalists, Politicians, and foreign people and even expats with other agendas showing up in Sri Lanka on Tourism Visas and engaging in other activities, and so they are pretty strict about it.

Much safer for them to come on a Visit Visa, which can easily be converted to other types of Visas, i.e., Investment and/or Residential, if all their documentation is OK.

Cheers!

Hi Sam
It should be tourist visit visa. Pls read from DIE Sri Lanka.

Visit Visa
A Visit Visa is an entry permit signifying the consent of the Sri Lankan Government for the admission of a foreign national to the country.  The Visa contains details of the period of time and the condition/s of the stay.

There are two sub-categories which come under visit visas :-

1. Tourist Visit Visa

A Tourist Visa is issued to bona-fide tourists who want to enter Sri Lanka for sightseeing, excursions, relaxation, visit relatives or yoga training for a short period of time.

2. Business Purpose Visa

A Business Purpose Visa is issued to foreign nationals who visit Sri Lanka for business purposes  for short period of time. This visa may be issued for single or double journeys.

Regards
Mal

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of own services as well as sharing of contact infos on the forum not allowed