Budayia

Is Budayia a safe place to live? Do many expats live there? Or is it best to avoid this area at the moment?
TIA xx

It depends where in Budaiya. It can be a hit and miss. If there is a protest, the traffic leading towards Budaiya usually gets blocked so this might cause some inconvenience. But then this doesn't happen very often nowadays - I hear there are some lovely compounds around Budaiya.

Thanks brightonguy, we are just trying to get an idea of areas at the moment, I know it will be dependent on which school we get in to, but it's good to have some idea. I've seen a few nice compounds in Budayia, which is why I asked, especially the ones near the beach, but not sure if it would be such a good idea. Might just stick to Saar, Hamala areas, also been looking at Janabiya, is this a safe area?

As a rule of thumb, as long as you stay far away from areas where there are lots of graffiti on the wall, you should be fine.

I always advise to stay away from Budaiya as there are troubles on the highway and in most of the surrounding areas. Also it makes it difficult to get from and to your home.

I'm in Barbar so not far from Budaiya
troubles can be avoided. I love living here and except for some bricks on the road 2 days ago haven't endountered anything crazy

Thanks everyone.
Now there's a spanner in the works...Barbar, haven't even considered there yet...

hi Loopyloo, and welcome to Bahrain and our lovely forum.

have you concidered Saar or Janbiya ? many expats live around here.

best wishes

My friends lived in Barbar, close to Alosra. He couldn't get to work due to road blocks etc and eventually they moved to Abu Dhabi. Saar, Janabiya, Hamala and Jasra are much better area's.
The other week I took my son boxing in Barbar and a bomb went off that close to us that our car rocked. Some people may say it's nice but MOST will say avoid at all costs

Where was this bomb? And when?

Oh wow, yeah think I will stick to our original search then. Thanks again everyone xx

I am in Janabiya and there's some nice buildings and compounds here. However fireworks on weekends are a routine. As i am close the hwy, i don't really need to use the back roads for anything.