One year position of Hostel manager

Hi everybody,

We are looking for a creative, responsible and adventurous person to run one of our hostels in Sri Lanka. Check our website www.hostelslanka.com, or find us on Facebook (Colombo City Hostel, Kandy City Hostel, Dambulla City Hostel, Hostels Lanka, Interns in Colombo).

We are offering one year paid internship in the beautiful island of Sri Lanka.
We are the only hostel chain in Sri Lanka. However, we are more than a hostel. We organize trips and events for our guests and other interns and expats in Sri Lanka.

Accommodation, laptop and work phone are provided and we offer a salary of LKR 45,000 per month. Flight and visa charges are not included.

Please forward your e-mail and explain why you'd be suitable for the job to [email protected] if interested in this opportunity.

Best Regards,

Fanny.

45 000RS for a Manager :o ! !! :/

Yes, but you have the intern status. Besides, it is all extra money since you don't have to pay for accommodation.
I think it is a good deal. It offers you a very good training that you may not have in a higher standard place which would give you better salary but no responsibilities. At least, you are not losing your time but gaining experience. But it is a choice to make, it is true that it can't fit to everyone. :)

HI Fanny HEL,

Your topic has been moved on the English speaking Sri Lanka forum.

Can you please post your job offer in the jobs in Sri Lanka section?

Thank you very much,
Christine

Hi im sri lanka stay in kandy.and work in hotels more than 10 year's.Malaysia,Saudi,sri lanka.this is my mail [email protected]
If you really think it's me contact with mail.
thanks.
best regards
Ranga.

45000 RS for a manager ! about 300€ per month : it's nothing !

Just signed up so I could reply to your post. A lady friend of mine is trying to get me to come stay there and saw that this would be ideal for me. I am on couchsurfing and do a lot of hosting of people from other countries and love looking after people, setting them up with trips around the area, etc.

I stay at a small community in south India most winters, but this winter has seen me in the US to deal with my father's moving on to be with his ancestors and their estate mess. Soon I'll be back traveling again.

Ideally, I'd like to see photo's of the hostel and grounds and correspond a bit to get a feel for you, the owners and what you envision. Write me back and ask whatever you'd like (BTW, I am called a "renaissance" man here as I do everything from construction to remodels to machining and mechanic work to gunsmithing to laptop repairs, teaching, writing -various published books- to engineering, and good at all, so could be useful to a small business).

Regards, TJ (Gaiabeliever)

So it would be working while in the country on a tourist visa? Because if I read the ad right, you won't be responsible for visas. That means the applicant comes as a tourist and works illegally? Rather dodgy

Is that vacancy still exist?