IGCSE or IB schools in durban

Looking for info on IGCSE based examination schools ( british O and A levels) ?
Similarly any IB schools. 

Appreciate info on above.

Dear mymsac,
Just stumbled over your post while doing some research. Was wondering if you found gcse or similar schools for your children in Durban? We are relocating from the  UK to Durban within the next couple of months and are right now in Durban on a scouting trip to find housing & schools for our children (boy 10, girl 11). Any help or advice is highly appreciated.

Hi YvonneO - we're looking at transferring to Durban area and have kids about the same age as yours (girl 10, boy 9)...very curious as to what you found on your scouting trip--schools, housing?  Thanks!

I m also searching for the school for grade 9 grade 7 and grade 1, and is there any school in Durban following Sabis system (international school of Choueifat)

Dear AlaskanMom,
We did not find a co-ed school in Durban following the British Curriculum with GCSE's, etc.
BUT did find a very good boys school and a girls school in Morningside and Essenwood who seem to more less have the same curriculum as the British schools our children attend right now. I did compare subjects/topics/learning material and it wasn't too far off so we would have been very happy to send our children there and I'm sure our children would equally have been happy in the environment. Both schools were incredibly helpful and the pupils seemed very lovely & lively but polite and great pastoral care. However, it turned out that our daughter who is born in May would not only have to go back half a year (as our son who is born in October) but 1 1/2 years back in order to be with girls same age group as her. Missing 1 1/2 years was an issue for us as her school in UK is very academic but at the same time we did not want her to be in the year where the girls are already 13 years old. South African children start school one year later compared to UK and their academic year starts in January. As our time in SA is unfortunately limited to 2 or 3 years I felt we had to make sure that regarding curriculum they can more less smoothly slide back into the UK system. Just to say that we also looked at co-ed schools in La Lucia and Umhlanga and they seemed to be fine too. Anyway, after a couple of sleepless nights (mainly from my practical side, while my husband was already planning 2 years worth of weekend trips &holidays into the wilderness) we/I decided to make Cape Town as our base and send children to international school there. Sorry that I could not really help you. Good Luck to you and all the best, very happy to help if you have any other questions.

Hi Alaskanmom, forgot the housing aspect. We did look at houses, mainly in La Lucia and Umhlanga and rather freestanding than in gated estates. We do have 2 16-year old cats who we got in China and who moved with us around the globe so these 2 furry family members really limited the choice of houses as there are not that many landlords who allow pets. Best is to contact a couple of real estate agents and make appointments to see houses in your preferred area. Property24 and privateproperty are not very up-to-date and many of the houses you see are not available anymore. We also figured that the same house is registered with 3 different estate agents and each of them have different photos on their website, so a couple of house viewings were cancelled when we figured that it was the same house. Once again, good luck and all the best

Dear Tabassum610,
I am not familiar with the Choueifat Sabis school system but maybe there is somebody on the forum who might be able to help you. Good luck to you

thanks a lot all the details regarding schools and accommodation is really helpful thanks again