British Citizen living in South Africa dreaming of living in Alberta

Hi All

Hope you can help I have tons of questions.
Ok so there are 3 of us
Hubby 41 - Loads of experience in Diesel Engines, rotating equipment, heavy earth moving, fork trucks, maintenance repairs, trouble shooting working on rigs etc.

I am 40 - Pa, bookkeeper, Office Manager etc

our daughter is 12 and school going
we are looking for an place where we can live with beauty and wonder, we enjoy outdoors, winter and summer, we scuba dive, cycle camp hike etc.

So currently living in South Africa have been here for 5 years, we living in Uk for 6 years, would never have come back - but had to due to ill health of my father in law.

So CANADA oh CANADA is our next destination - we don't want to be placed in a pool (lucky dip style) we would like to ideally fly to Canada, try to find jobs, and organize daughter a school and of course a place to live.

Being a family with responsibilities we cant just fly by the seat of our pants.

So -
in question, can we on British Passports (citizens) travel to Canada and try to find jobs?  Would we be offered a jobs should an employer find our skills to be advantageous - without a working visa in place?  Its all a catch 22 - cant apply for a visa without a visa, no job no visa.

I look forward to hearing any feed back you might have

Nats

Hi nataliesaukca and welcome to Expat.com :)

For some starting information, i will advise you to download the Expat Canada guide.

Thank you

Priscilla

nataliesaukca wrote:

we enjoy outdoors, winter and summer, we scuba dive, cycle camp hike etc.
Nats

From the now-you-can't-say-nobody-told-you department:

Did you know, Nats, that the forecast for Calgary next week is for nighttime temperatures dipping to minus 15 Celsius (plus 5 F.)....

Bring your woolies and prepare for commensurate heating bills.

(Forecast from The Weather Network)

cccmedia, Quito, Ecuador