Enquiry - My Tax Component 2014

I am working for an IT firm and onsite deputation in The Netherlands since Jan 2014 and planning my return in October 2014.

I wanted to understand, if I need to pay the tax for all the while I am in the Netherlands once I return to India. I am not sure how it works, can you please shed some light on this subject?

Please do let me know in case of any inputs needed form my end.

pooja.ambre wrote:

I am working for an IT firm and onsite deputation in The Netherlands since Jan 2014 and planning my return in October 2014.

I wanted to understand, if I need to pay the tax for all the while I am in the Netherlands once I return to India. I am not sure how it works, can you please shed some light on this subject?

Please do let me know in case of any inputs needed form my end.

Your employer should have been taking tax out of your salary. I would check up with them about this. If they have not then you may be in trouble.

Hello Pooja,

It depends on employment contract. Which company you are working for in NL?

Regards,
Nish

Hello,

I am basically working for an Indian IT company but on client side now. Our client is Royal Haskoning DHV.

Hello all,

I have moved your messages to the Forum Netherlands as it is more appropriate there.

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

...my understanding is...if you work in the country for more than 183 days  in the tax year...you pay tax in that country. as mentioned above, check if your employer is taking care of your tax. belastingdienst really will chase you. NL is one of the worst places to pay taxes....sorry.

Dear Pooja,

In 90% of the cases when migrating during the year one can expect a tax refund. You are probably regarded as a non resident tax payer, so only taxable for Dutch source income (employment income) you have to file a C-form. To get a refund you have to file a tax return. If you like to have a free tax scan to check if you will receive a refund please contact me at [email protected].

BR

Thijs