I got an incoherent answer when called to the D.R.consulate

Hello guys I hope you had a good lunch time!

I called the D.R. consulate today here in Winter-land :)  inquiring about a residence visa, and was told that I needed a work contract and other documents. All employers are asking the candidate a residence or a cedula. I have seen a few interesting positions now but how can one apply to a position there if I need a residence first, and how can I have a resident visa if the consulate ask for a work contract? even the person who told me that didn't sound too convinced about what she was talking about...  O_0

The good thing is I will have a place to stay when I get there, but I need a work contract first...

Any ideas please without consuming a lot of your time

Cheers

D.

I have never heard of needing a work contract to get you residency.  You do have to prove solvency however.

Bob K

Go read the thread on getting residency and cecula. YOu do not have to get a work visa you can get a regular  residencia, once you have done all the parts there, you come here and apply. Once you apply and have a file number you can legally work!

Hello drtuttle,

I suggest that you have a look at the following threads to get more information. I believe they are the threads Planner referred to.

- Getting residency in DR

- Cedula - Driver's License

You can also browse through the other topics found in the Visas in Dominican Republic and Formalities in the Dominican Republic.

Thanks for the great work, Planner and Bob, :top:

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thank you Shaazia!!!!

You are welcome.

Bob K

Thank you Planner, Bob K, and Shaazia for your help and sharing your great knowledge and experience in regards to this topic! :)

Last night I was able to find additional information in the Mirex website ( Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores de la Republica Dominicana) in  "servicios consulares" section they have detailed information about all sort of visas they offer and documents needed. The procedures seems very easy to me. All the info is in Spanish but I had no issues with it :)

Thank you again and have all an amazing weekend!

D.

If it seems easy, make sure it is not out of date!!! IT is not easy now for any visa.