English program school with advanced French

Hello

I will be moving to Doha with my 6 year son, and I am also looking into schools, as he will be enrolling for the 20113/14 season.  I am looking for an English program school with advanced French as a second language, or one of the French Lycee, but I am not sure yet if they have English.  I would also like to avoid arabic, as he already has 3 languages to nurse.  Do any of you have experience with the French schools in Doha?

My son is currently in kindergarten in a french language magnet school in Los Angeles.  Can any of you comment?

Hi Konrad6,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Doha forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi Konrad

Its my understanding that the Qatar government requires students to learn arabic as a condition of the school's registration (I may be wrong - haven't been here that long).

The school I work in teaches the British curriculum and the students also take French - but I couldn't comment about the levels.

There are many schools that teach the British curriculum, but you would have to contact them about their second language options.

You may have some luck getting information if you contact the Institut Francais du Qatar - they may know of schools that might suit your needs. www.institutfrancais-qatar.com

Cheers

dragonladyoz,

Thank you for your reply.

K6

Dear Konrad:

I am facing a similar situation as you were a year ago. I hope you are still active on this message board. I will be moving to Doha in April and I have a 7-year old daughter who has been in an all French school in the USA. I have had problems getting her into French schools in Qatar because they give priority do French Natives. What did you end up doing? My solution is to enroll my daughter in GEMS Academy American school and then find a French tutor until I can sort things out.

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in...

Hello SeahorseRN > this is an old topic. You might start a new topic with your questions on the Doha forum for better visibility ;)

Thanks. Will do