Hi! Advice for looking for housing in Hanoi please?

Hi there everyone, nice to meet you :)

I would love to find housing in hanoi that's $350 or under month, between 4 and 7 million VND.  Do you know where I should look?  Can I just walk around Hanoi and find housing agents?

On another note, I love salsa dancing, so if it's housing next to a salsa club that would be even more amazing haha!  :up:   I'm looking for a 1 bedroom/1 living room apartment or house.  The most important thing is windows and enough space - everything else I'm very easygoing.

I live in Haiphong now and will be visiting Hanoi this week to look for housing.  Please get in touch with me if you have any leads or recommendations of where to stay or who to talk to.

Cảm ơn!  Rất vui được gặp bạn.

Thank you so much,
Yasmine

Two things about Ha Noi housing.

1. Does it flood?
2. Is there heating - and who pays! Can get cool in the winter.

The only good thing about Ha Noi is that rents are lower than TP HCM.

Haha thanks!  Yeah I was wondering about the flooding...thanks for confirming that's something to look out for!  As for the heating, I'll keep a look out for it.

[Moderated: No free ad]

Great, thanks Mr. Hung.  Please let me know if you have any pictures I can look at before I visit.  I'll be in Hanoi this week to look at places.  Cảm ơn!

Hi Yasmine,

If you looking for a place to stay and close to Salsa club, then stay at old quarter. there is a bar/club that plays salsa music every night. It start from 10pm and end when the police come and close it down. If not it will be open till 1 or 2 am. There are many budget hotels to stay and some are negotiable for a month at discount rate. Go online and look for La Bomba bar in old quarter.

take care

thank you, i will keep an eye out for apartments in that neighborhood!  la bomba sounds great.  i don't want to live in a hotel though - should be an apartment because i will be there for at least 5 months, maybe longer.  thank you again for the information ;)

Thanks everyone!  I found an amazing place.  Appreciate everyone's help! :D  Tam Biet, see you in Hanoi :)

Hi! I'm moving to Hanoi (from Ireland) in early January, and I'll have to find a place to stay. Is there a good agent that yoiu could recommend, or what's the best way to go about looking for a place in Hanoi? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Pablo Raul wrote:

Hi! I'm moving to Hanoi (from Ireland) in early January, and I'll have to find a place to stay. Is there a good agent that yoiu could recommend, or what's the best way to go about looking for a place in Hanoi? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!

It's hard to stay where you should be stay in case of you do not give:
1. price
2. time for staying
3. your schedule
Before coming to HN 1w, contact me at facebook.com/dzucngm or Feel free to call me 01658498886 :-)

Old quarter is shitty cos it s the tourism area. U should consider where u will work dear. Normally ppl who stay in Hanoi for a long term rent an apartment around West lake but that s expensive. With that kind of price, u should have a Vietnamese friend who helps u to contact the landlord. The area u should stay is An Duong, Au Co, My Dinh, Cau Giay. It depends on u. I have some Vietnamse websites for u if u want.Otherwise, take a look on New hanoi an, it s an expat webite in Hanoi. U may be lucky. I will be back to Hanoi next weekend and stay for a week if u want to contact me. Cheers.

Hi Pablo,

Do you need the hotel or apartment?

I recommend you the Silver Boutique Hotel. Normally, the price for Deluxe room from 55$US but you stay in long time you can negociate with management. This hotel located at the centre, not in Old quater so it's quiet and convenience, staffs is friendly. Staying at this hotel you are feeling like homes

Do you also need the car with driver or car pick you up from the airport to the centre?

I work for travel and hospitality market so I think I can help you. Please feel free to contact me if you need further information. My contact is [email protected] (Ms. Thai)

Hi. I'm Binh in Ha Noi. Now can you give more class on Weekend?. Thanhks

if you can. Please contact with me, my number phone: 091.20.20.335. Thanks

Hey!  This is how I found a great place :)

(1) Stay in a cheap hotel (there are plenty for 15-30 dollars a night)

(2) Try different housing agents (I had to try 4 until I found one who found me the apartment I wanted)

(3) Do you want the number of the housing agent that is a rockstar?  PM me and I'll send you her info.

This is how I found housing agents:

(1) Join a forum of 40,000 + people who are foreigners in Hanoi and people who want to help them and/or sell services to them.  It's called HANOI MASSIVE, find it on FB ;)

(2) Post a request to find housing, you'll get a lot of offers from agents to show you around ;)  for free ;)

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

thank you for sharing your experiences

(Moderated:no free ads on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hi Yasmine,

I just came back to Hanoi and looking for an apartment with the same requirements of yours. Any chance you can pass me the contact of your housing agent? Having a hard time trusting some ads here.

Thanks a bunch!

Ngan

Hi Thank for your interest ! Please call me 0976031181 for vewing the place.

Rgds
Van
email: [email protected]

Hi. I speak el not good. I have 1 room at 19/ 42 Trung Hoa Street, Cau Giay, Hanoi. Tivi, air/c, hot shower... Can you go to see