Overseas Mail for ex-pats?

Hey - quick question....  my wife and I are about to head to Paris for a year, and I know we can give out our new address to friends and family and all, but.....any thoughts on what to do about the (somewhat numerous) other forwarding of mail that has to happen?  Are there services out there that allow you to get a P.O. Box in the US that will then forward the stuff to an overseas address?  Has anybody done this? 

We're not sure if we're going to be staying past next summer (we hope, but...), so maintaining SOME kind of presence here (the US) is probably advantageous.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Have you checked out packaging forwarding companies? We use Shipito to receive all our mail in the US, who consolidates all our mail and packages into one box which is shipped to us in Mexico.

U.S. Global Mail (usglobalmail.com) has received high marks from online reviewers for service and pricing.

The company offers various shipping options, English-language service and the ability for you to monitor your mailings online and decide how you want them processed.

cccmedia, Quito, Ecuador

Hello cccmedia and mmccg,

Thank you for your contribution. It is very much appreciated. Please note however, that this thread has not been active since the year 2011. You can always participate on the more recent threads found on the USA forum.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team