Kids Activities.

I was just wondering if there are any extra curriculum activities for kids in Accra, like swimming, sports, art and music?

I did find karate lessons in Peppa's gym, but the times are very inconvenient...Monday at 4 at East Legon...just thinking of the time my already tired child will get home with all the Spintex, Motorway traffic at 6 pm.....

TIA

The swimming is one of my fears. Having watched swimming classes I realise that the style of swimming really differs :). To add to MargaritaŽs question, where can one find swimming classes with a less dramatic style of swimming?
Secondly, our soon to be 13 year old son refuses to move unless we find him a good basketball team (outside school) before we get to Ghana. Have checked the Ghana basketball web site but need some more advice.

By the looks of it we would have to creat our own activities Viv....LOL!

@ Margarita: Lol, as long as I donŽt have to do the swimming classes. One could think I was Ghanaian by my swimming skills.

What about horse back riding. Is it only polo? Used to be a real horse girl and would love that my girls get the same oppurtunity (father and son are allergic to horses). Have no idea what polo is about and keep seeing the image of Prince Chaeles and Camilla when I hear the word. I assume that dressage is out of the question.
(I am not interested in the sick and injured horses at Labadi)

MargaritaB wrote:

By the looks of it we would have to creat our own activities Viv....LOL!

Try Kids Concept at Rima House in Asylum Down for children's activities

For children's activities try Kids Concept at Rima House in Asylum Down, Accra

We have been here since March and have done lots of swimming with two young kids. Our eldest at 4 has just cracked swimming without armbands and is ripe for lessons. We have observed lessons at University of Ghana pool in Legon and Tesano Sports Club, Tesano. Both styles looked good to us and what we are used to in the UK. Not tried and tested but we would book.

There's a swimming pool at Crown Apartmento in airport residential. My friend took her young son of 3 years there for private lessons. You can ask at your kids school for a private instructor.

Could you please send me the info about music lessons too?

have you thought of kindermusik@home for children birth to 10yrs, I do it for my daughter who is special needs and our monthly program is emailed to me and my cost is 10AUD a month. kindermusik.com