Romanian Residence Card

Hi,

I am Asian living in UK. I have married a Romanian girl. can somebody please tell me how can I apply for Romanian residence card and what documents I need for it? thanks

I believe your UK status is enough to visit, and live in Romania without a Romanian Resident Card.

Hi im filipina working here in bucarest romania  just give ur email

You cannot apply for a residence permit if you live in the UK.

To get a residence permit you need to reside in Romania. After you move here and get a rent contract or other proof jf accommodation , you go to Migrant Center in the local police and they will tell you what papers you need.
Usually it's:
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- Romanian spouse's id with residence (at least temporary) in Romania
- local health insurance
- accommodation contract
- passport photos
- passport
- a fee of 260RON (in Brasov these days)
- a fee of 5 RON

You'll need originals + copies, verything notarized

Useful post Yfreaky! Can you elaborate at all on that insurance requirement? I have no clue about the popular medical aid schemes in Romania, and which is considered an 'average' monthly amount to budget for (that would give you something above the minimum level of care, but without wasting money on the premium packages).

don't need to show up certain income too for the spouse?

Yfreaky wrote:

To get a residence permit you need to reside in Romania. After you move here and get a rent contract or other proof jf accommodation , you go to Migrant Center in the local police and they will tell you what papers you need.
Usually it's:
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- Romanian spouse's id with residence (at least temporary) in Romania
- local health insurance
- accommodation contract
- passport photos
- passport
- a fee of 260RON (in Brasov these days)
- a fee of 5 RON

You'll need originals + copies, verything notarized

they don't ask for showing income from the Romanian spouse? to prove means of support of foreign spouse?

Reillusioned wrote:

Useful post Yfreaky! Can you elaborate at all on that insurance requirement? I have no clue about the popular medical aid schemes in Romania, and which is considered an 'average' monthly amount to budget for (that would give you something above the minimum level of care, but without wasting money on the premium packages).

For the purposes of the residence permit you can buy local health insurance for just one month with minimal coverage.  It's very inexpensive here (I think I paid 60 lei, which is about 15 euros).  It would be a waste of money to purchase more or longer coverage because after the residency permit is finalized you will have to get new medical insurance.  If you get a job here, that requirement will most likely be filled by insurance you get through your employer.  Otherwise, you have to purchase public insurance.

Yfreaky wrote:

You'll need originals + copies, everything notarized

Also, everything needs to be translated into Romanian (by a certified translator).
Additionally, unless you were married in Romania, I believe you will also need to get your marriage recognized by the Romanian government before you can apply for a residency permit.  I'm not sure exactly what is needed for that but you can find it online.

XB23 wrote:

I believe your UK status is enough to visit, and live in Romania without a Romanian Resident Card.

UK status (or European Union citizenship or a passport) only allows you to stay here legally for 90 days total in a 180 day period. If, for example, you stay for 89 days straight, you can legally only stay one more day during the subsequent 91 days.

maki83 wrote:

don't need to show up certain income too for the spouse?

As far as I know, this is not required.  Income was never brought up when I came here (almost 8 years ago now).  You might want to call Ministerul Afacerilor Externe to verify, laws in Romania change often :)

StevenSava wrote:
XB23 wrote:

UK status (or European Union citizenship or a passport) only allows you to stay here legally for 90 days total in a 180 day period. If, for example, you stay for 89 days straight, you can legally only stay one more day during the subsequent 91 days.

Wait.  I'm sorry.  What am I thinking?  Since your from the UK, I assume that you are a European Union citizen, which DOES give you the right to reside here freely.  What I wrote about legally staying here 90 days is only for NON-European Union citizens (with a passport).

But even as a UK/EU citizen you still need to apply for a 'certificat de inregistrare' within 90 days of moving here if you wish to stay longer. This'll give you a CNP (like an NI number) so you can be employed and have all your taxes paid and so on. It lasts for 5 years before needing renewal.

I am Pakistani resident and coming Romania for studies in September.
Kindly tell me that:
1. How long does it take to get marry in Romania and what documents do I need to present, especially the documents that i need from Pakistan?
2. How long does it take to get Romanian resident card and what is the procedure of getting it after marriage?
3. Having this Romanian resident card, can i freely move in Europe and can live in any European country?

coolrose wrote:

Kindly tell me that:
1. How long does it take to get marry in Romania and what documents do I need to present, especially the documents that i need from Pakistan?
2. How long does it take to get Romanian resident card and what is the procedure of getting it after marriage?
3. Having this Romanian resident card, can i freely move in Europe and can live in any European country?

coolrose wrote:

Kindly tell me that:

Hello coolrose,

1.  Please avoid duplicate posting to the forum, a single post is sufficient.
2.  You can refer to the Getting Married in Romania thread that discusses requirements and other members experiences.  Ideally, your prospective Romanian spouse should ask these questions at the Primaria (City Hall) and MAE (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) where they live for up to date information and procedures.

Sorry for sending posting the message twice because i am new user and i don't know how to use properly.
well, i have study the reviews from the Marriage blog.
I would like to know the information specific to my three questions being Pakistani resident.
1. How long to get marital status and what documents do i need to get marry.
2. How long does it take to get resident card after getting and what is the procedure of getting Romanian resident card via message and it's duration.
3. Can I freely live and move in Europe after having Romanian resident card.

Thanks.
Waiting for your response regarding my specific queries!.

coolrose wrote:

Sorry for sending posting the message twice because i am new user and i don't know how to use properly.
well, i have study the reviews from the Marriage blog.
I would like to know the information specific to my three questions being Pakistani resident.
1. How long to get marital status and what documents do i need to get marry.
2. How long does it take to get resident card after getting and what is the procedure of getting Romanian resident card via message and it's duration.
3. Can I freely live and move in Europe after having Romanian resident card.

Thanks.
Waiting for your response regarding my specific queries!.

Now you've posted it 3 times! Please stop.

Hello, I got married to a Romanian citizen in July and we submited all the documents for the residency on july 20. About 3 weeks after, we got a letter from the migration office schedualing us for an interview tomorrow (september 2nd)...

I would like to know if you can tell me what to expect in the interview, how long will it take for they to give me the ID with the CNP, and if by having a job offer I could get the CNP faster...

I have a job offer right now and at the company they told me to tell migration about it so I get my CNP as soon as possible, but honestly I don't think this would matter to the migration office, what do you think?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND ANSWERS :)

Hi,

I think you are right, MAE won't really care about a job offer since you are applying for residence permit for family members, but I don't think it will hurt either. 

I can only speculate about the interview, as only immigrants of certain nationalities have to do interviews  (I did not). Basically, they are trying to determine if your relationship is genuine or not, so they'll ask questions and compare your answers to your spouse's answers.  They could ask what you both had for dinner last night, where you last went on vacation, what brand of shampoo you have in the bath :) again...I'm just speculating.  If your relationship and marriage are genuine there should be nothing to worry about:)

Good luck, and please let us know what they end up asking you and how they treat you so others can be prepared!

Romaniac
Romania Expat Advisor
Expat-Blog

romaniac wrote:

Hi,
I can only speculate about the interview, as only immigrants of certain nationalities have to do interviews  (I did not).

That line is wrong in so many levels, oh great and wise Expat Advisor. And secondly, what good will speculation bring about to anyone?

Alejandra315: It has nothing to do any particular nationality. It depends on how much weight your application carries. If you just got married in July, yes it does look a bit questionable. The local immigration will want to have this talk to be convinced that yours is a real marriage, and not one of  convenience. So, if you application is a bit suspect, then it does not matter if you are a Texan, NewYorker, Redneck, Hillbilly, Indian, Pakistani, Syrian, Turkish or from Venezuela - you will get called for an interview  ... irrespective of your nationality.

But on the other hand, had you guys been married a few years or have kids, then they would not bother calling you for such interviews ... irrespective of your nationality.

SirNookieOMighty wrote:
romaniac wrote:

Hi,
I can only speculate about the interview, as only immigrants of certain nationalities have to do interviews  (I did not).

That line is wrong in so many levels, oh great and wise Expat Advisor. And secondly, what good will speculation bring about to anyone?

Alejandra315: It has nothing to do any particular nationality. It depends on how much weight your application carries. If you just got married in July, yes it does look a bit questionable. The local immigration will want to have this talk to be convinced that yours is a real marriage, and not one of  convenience. So, if you application is a bit suspect, then it does not matter if you are a Texan, NewYorker, Redneck, Hillbilly, Indian, Pakistani, Syrian, Turkish or from Venezuela - you will get called for an interview  ... irrespective of your nationality.

But on the other hand, had you guys been married a few years or have kids, then they would not bother calling you for such interviews ... irrespective of your nationality.

SirNookieOMighty,

You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder, don't you? If I am wrong, and you have the facts to back it up, then tell everyone won't you?  Be a help for once, and keep the snide remarks to yourself from here on out please.

I got married here, and applied for the residence permit a week afterwards because my tourist visa was expiring soon.  So by your own speculation, that would be questionable and I should have been interviewed right? Guess what, I was not interviewed.  Several other Americans and Brits I know here did similar things, no interview.  On the other hand, I also know of several Indian, Syrian, Egyptian people who applied, and guess what....they were interviewed.  Care to explain that to us in detail, without speculation?  You're telling us there is definitively no discriminatory practices going on?

I see you agree that the purpose of the interview is to determine if a convenience marriage has taken place or not; apparently I'm not that uninformed after all.

I am free to speculate as I wish and share my point of view with other members, irrespective of what utility you (as a third party) find it to be.

Romaniac
Romania Expat Advisor
Expat-Blog

Hello
I'm a Romanian citizen married with an Indian. Can please somebody tell me which documents we need exactly or from where I can get this information regarding getting a temporary residence card. We got married in India, we got the romanian marriage certificate and we are travelling to Romania on a family reunification visa at the end of the month. We just want to  know if you need to translate or notorize any document before coming.
Thank you

Gabriela1989 wrote:

Hello
I'm a Romanian citizen married with an Indian. Can please somebody tell me which documents we need exactly or from where I can get this information regarding getting a temporary residence card. We got married in India, we got the romanian marriage certificate and we are travelling to Romania on a family reunification visa at the end of the month. We just want to  know if you need to translate or notorize any document before coming.
Thank you

Hi, the documents you need are mentioned on this site, or you can find it on mai.gov.ro website.  Any foreign documents which are required, must be translated in Romanian language, be notarized and/or have an apostille document attached.

Romaniac

But if someone fail in interview after a genuine marriage because they make person nervous and scared with loads of question and some stupid question then what to do ?

Deep kahlon wrote:

But if someone fail in interview after a genuine marriage because they make person nervous and scared with loads of question and some stupid question then what to do ?

Contact an immigration attorney in that case.  If you have a genuine marriage, why are you scared and nervous?  What did they ask that was so unsettling?  :/

Romaniac

Ok guys
I'm an Egyptian guy who is married to a romanian since one year and we do not have kids :)
I have applied to residency at 31/09/2015 and they made home visit last Firday .
and they called us to tell us that there is no need for an interview :)
So It does not depend on nationality rather than how your file looks :)

Jalyoka wrote:

Ok guys
I'm an Egyptian guy who is married to a romanian since one year and we do not have kids :)
I have applied to residency at 31/09/2015 and they made home visit last Firday .
and they called us to tell us that there is no need for an interview :)
So It does not depend on nationality rather than how your file looks :)

Good to know.

I see you mentioned a home visit, I didn't even have that.  How did that go, what did it consist of?  In your case, it sounds like they were satisfied with the visit, and felt the interview was not needed.

Romaniac

They had to make home visit, since my wife has rented a flat of one bedroom only and she did not change the address in her ID.
So they must make sure that I live in the mentioned flat only with her " since it is only 1 bedroom"
Anyway it was fun and they looked at toothbrush, socks, shoes, underwears, contents of the closets.
They were kidding with me even they made jokes !!
At the end I signed a form in Romanian and later they called to Cancel the interview.
And as you said before if the relationship is real then no nothing to worry about !!

I wonder how many of these mixed-marriages were taking place in Romania before it joined the EU. It's clear why some non-EU nationals decide to "marry" there, given how easy it is to arrange it with a bit of money. Plenty of takers. With the main intention to then move on to the original destination in mind.

You need all your documents appostilled including marriage lic...birth cirt...any divorces. Next you need to go to Romania and have your documents translated and marriage must be registered in Romania. Then you can go to immigration and apply. Oh...have lots of money...you need to show income in Romania.

duklip wrote:

Oh...have lots of money...you need to show income in Romania.

This statement is misleading and incorrect.  At most, it is required to show an income equivalent of the minimum wage salary in Romania, which currently is 1050 RON a month, though family members of Romanian citizens should be exempt from this.  Of all the requirements needed, that should be probably the easiest to show.

romaniac wrote:
duklip wrote:

Oh...have lots of money...you need to show income in Romania.

This statement is misleading and incorrect.  At most, it is required to show an income equivalent of the minimum wage salary in Romania, which currently is 1050 RON a month, though family members of Romanian citizens should be exempt from this.  Of all the requirements needed, that should be probably the easiest to show.

Yeah. You don't need to show income in Romania if you are married to a Romanian citizen. If you get married in Romania (to a Romanian citizen), you are considered part of a Romanian family and you are exempt from showing income. You obviously need money for the fees, insurance, etc.

How long does it take after applying for residence will you get an interview or visit or an answer?+-

sorry i read all of the above and it never answered this specific 1.
Reason being i hope its not long as i will have a c/vv visa i can only stay for 90days without extending.

Alencia123 wrote:

How long does it take after applying for residence will you get an interview or visit or an answer?+-

Reason being i hope its not long as i will have a c/vv visa i can only stay for 90days without extending.

Should be within 30 days.  As long as your file is submitted at least 30 days before your visa expires, you should be fine.  I was concerned about this also, and they (MAI) told me not to worry about it, the visa would be extended automatically while the file was pending; but they took care of mine in time, so it wasn't ever an issue.  Hopefully, this is still the practice today.

Perhaps someone else with recent experience wants to chime in  :cool:

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Alencia123 wrote:

You don't need to worry about that because once you enter Romanian territory and lodge in your application for "Permis de Sedere", your C/VV (or the visa your obtained to enter Romania) visa sort of becomes inactive. When I say inactive I mean its duration is not your worry anymore since you have already applied. But you only have 30 days to apply from the date you enter Romanian territory. So I'd suggest to quickly arrange all the documents required and lodge in your application and then the authorities do the rest and not worry about any dates. Also the sequence for obtaining the residence permit is apply-->usually home visit--->interview--->then you receive your residence permit. This is according to me the usual steps followed however the authorities don't always go down this road. You can PM me if you need more details.

Thanks for the detailed answer @fcbayern84

I'm very surprised to hear that there is a home visit! I wouldn't have expected that - where on earth do they find the time for that, or are there just that few applicants?

It wouldn't be a problem for me (I actually find it really nice and personal), but I've never heard of home visits as standard procedure!

Reillusioned wrote:

I'm very surprised to hear that there is a home visit! I wouldn't have expected that - where on earth do they find the time for that, or are there just that few applicants?

It wouldn't be a problem for me (I actually find it really nice and personal), but I've never heard of home visits as standard procedure!

A home visit and even an interview is not always part of the procedure.  It is determined based on your application/situation whether or not they will require these two steps.  Myself, and many others I know did not have an interview or visit; the permit was simply issued.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
Reillusioned wrote:

A home visit and even an interview is not always part of the procedure.  It is determined based on your application/situation whether or not they will require these two steps.  Myself, and many others I know did not have an interview or visit; the permit was simply issued.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

That was perhaps the older process method and newer method that I know of involves at least an interview if not a home visit. Though its more of a formality rather than a serious interview where you can expect to be "grilled" with seething questions. However when I went to renew my permit I didn't have to do anything and I was called when the permit was issued. I suppose the method to issue the ID is different for everyone.