Dollar deposit rates at Mexican banks?

Hi, does anyone know what deposit rates are paid by Mexican banks for dollar deposits (savings and, say, 1-year CD)? Will interest be taxable for foreigners with resident status? Can deposits at maturity be freely remitted outside Mexico? I also would like to know if it's possible to deposit dollar checks with local banks and whether they charge fees for depositing dollar checks. Thanks.

You can go to any bank branch in MEXICO, contact
Banorte has a promissory note to PAY MORE + and is profitable, approach and ask
all the information you need about depositing dollars or have a checking account in dollars.
We highly recommend this bank. Because here I have account with them for quite some time and is reliable.

martha, do you have any specific rates to share? thanks.

Your best bet would be to write to these banks or better yet, visit them. Their web pages don't reveal much on dollar accounts.

I've looked at a few banks' websites. Only peso accounts are advertised. One bank offers dollar accounts only for residents living in the border areas (like how many kilometers south of the border etc.). I can't visit the banks as I haven't moved yet; I'm just looking at options before moving. If anyone has accounts, please share. Thanks.

Hello im Steve from the UK and have been in Mexico for 8 years

I work as an independent Investment consultant so if you need any free advice on the topics you mentioned then let me know

Steve

Hi , my bank, Actinver, changed my doolar account to pesos in September 2014 without telling me.  I lost 7000 dollars on the exchange.  Is tis legal?

Mexico converted all dollar denominated accounts to pesos in 1982 with a "promise" they might be converted back to dollars at the the future rate of exchange.  I don't know if that ever happened.

According to this thread, it's happened again.

I have my funds in a bank in the US and I get as good a rate as anyone when I use ATMs in Mexico and withdraw pesos.  I'll continue to do so until it makes sense to travel to the border and change my mother there.  In 82-86, there was a 20-25% advantage doing so.  It more than paid for the trip from Saltillo.

Im an investment consultant and have been 10 years in mexico

Im from the uk and have my own investment companies

Most of the dollar accounts here in Mexico are being closed as they want to comply more with facta

I open for my clients offshore accounts banking and investment in the isle of man

You are legally allowed to have accounts as an American citizen and passport holder as long as you:
Have a fiscal residential address outside of the USA
You report all the profits you make to the IRS so you can pay your profit tax
The bank account can also accept dollar cheques as I have one particular USA citizen as a client who lives and works in Sao Paolo and he often sends us dollar cheques.

If you need any more help [email protected]

Steve Curtis

Thank you, so do you thing when they opened my dollar account (0% interest) in 2008 it was under the wire, so to speak, and someone got wise and they quickly converted all their dollar accounts into peso accounts.  People are really angry since they only got 12.5 pesos to the dollar and now it's 15.5.