Looking for advice regarding stay permits and job hunts.

Hey, guys.

So, I recently moved to Prishtina, Kosovo, and I was just wondering if anyone knows just how difficult it is, as an American, to obtain a stay permit. I'm currently living in an apartment with my boyfriend, and I would love to work, but it seems to be a little complicated when it comes to searching for a job. Any advice on that would be great as well. I'm in the beginning stages of learning Albanian, because I'm aware that that would open up more doors for me, but it would be a few months from now until I'm able to converse efficiently. So, what would you guys recommend?

Check internet for law on foreigners and right to work google official gazette kosovo . the idea is you report to police to the department for foreigners and follow the procedures depending how long  will you stay here.
as far aswork, depending on your qualifications there aremany schools, kindergardens, organizations that use english language so could hire you.
good luck!

I'm happy to see a " Kosovar post"  :) ..No one can blame you guys cause you live in Paradise. You have no time to answer people on earth.

Hi Faida albayati,

Glad this made you happy except you are little bit off topic here :)

Maybe share some information that may help as in some advices regarding stay permits and job hunts please :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

As far as I'm concerned, Normally, visitors that are allowed entry into Kosovo are permitted to stay up to 90 days. The persons willing to extend their stay for more than 90 days should appear at the Foreigner Registration Office, which is located in the Headquarters building at Luan Haradinaj Street in Pristina.

I wish this will help.

Faida

Hello ,
My wife and I are opening an NGO in Kosovo and it seems very easy to deal with the burocracy. I suggest you get a lawyer to do it for you. if you havent already. If you want I can put you in contact with ours, he is very reasonable and gets things done.

carloscm wrote:

Hello ,
My wife and I are opening an NGO in Kosovo and it seems very easy to deal with the burocracy. I suggest you get a lawyer to do it for you. if you havent already. If you want I can put you in contact with ours, he is very reasonable and gets things done.

Please add/recommend them in the BUSINESS DIRECTORY if you haven't already, that way anybody that needs such help will be able to find it.  It will help :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Dear carloscm,

Thank you for your information.I hope this will helps to others as well.

Hello,
My lawyers name is Laddy, his number is +377 44 384 622, tell him you were refered by Carlos :), THats all I got for the moment.

Hi everyone,

@ Carloscm, can you please recommend your lawyer in the  business directory under the Lawyers in Kosovo ?

Other expats will also benefit and easily find the contact details.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

I posted the info