Permanent residency and citizenship

Hello! Based on what I read online, to become a resident it is enough to deposit 5k into a local bank account, submit the paperwork and wait for 4 months. I see often people mention we need a "fixer".

It is also said after 3 years, one becomes a citizen. Sounds a bit too magic and effortless. I have also read that naturalized citizens lose their citizenship if they stay away longer than 3 years.

Questions:
- Residency: is the fixer really necessary? What's the ongoing fee for that?
- Citizenship: does one need to stay physically in Paraguay for 3 years to become a citizen?
- Mercosur: if a naturalized citizen goes to another Mercusor Country, gets a temporary residency there under Mercosur, what happens on the 3rd year when the Paraguayan citizenship is lost?

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

Fixer is not needed. There is nothing to fix, specially for 2000-3000USD. This is just a rip off. You just need to get documents from your home country and documents from Paraquay. Check Migraciones website, you will find documents list you'll need. Below my list:

1. National ID (Passport)
2. Birth Certificate
3. Home country Background Police Check Certificate

2&3 documents must be appostiled in your home country Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Or in case your country have not joined Hague Convention, legalized at Paraguay consulate and then legalized at Paraguay Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Plus if you need Visa to enter Paraguay, it must be also legalized at Paraguay Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Otherwise passport page copy with entry stamp must be certified by notary.

4. Interpol Certificate at Departamento de Interpol de la Policia Nacional
5. Criminal Record Certificate for Foreigners at Departamento de Informatica de la Policia Nacional
6. Life and Residency Certificate at Comisaria Jurisdiccional
7. Medical Certificate by General Clinician authorized by the Ministry of Health
7. Deposit account at Banco Nacional de Fomento with 5000USD deposit

Thank you so much!!! That really helps a lot, it is a more honest and helpful feedback than I found on most of the updates available online...

BTW, do you know anything about the citizenship process (does it require to be 3 years physically present in Paraguay?) and the risk of losing citizenship if naturalized citizens stay away for more than 3 years (is it enough to visit one week every 2 years or so?).

THANKS!

As far as I know you must come at least once in 3 year period after geting Cedula. Sorry I have no info about citizenship.

I have one question to add to this. Should I bring official copies of my university degree/transcripts? Is an officially sealed envelop from the university registrar sufficient, or should I have them notarized here in the US before I travel to Paraguay?