Taking to morocco?

Sorry one more question .

what would be some things you wish you could have or thought of taking to morocco ?
@
what do you wish you didn't waste your time taking ?

Thanks

Rena

Take cheese very expensive don't bother with shampoo etc so  cheap good pillows if your going to live there

Branston pickle (you can get Piccalilli), HP Sauce, Bisto, decent tea bags (the local ones, even if they are meant to be "English Breakfast Tea" are like gnat's pee), dark rich fruit cake with marzipan and icing, mince pies, joints of pork and gammon, good quality ham (you can get ham here, but not very good quality), pickled herrings from Waitrose, Garam Masala, Shredded Wheat, Lapsang Souchong, curry paste, chutney (mango) and achaar unless you want to make your own, Anthon Berg chocolates, good quality cheese especially Cheddar.

Buy a couple of cold bags and freeze blocks from Argos and pack it all away in your suitcases.

There's so much to miss.

Thank you bunches yea we are hoping to live there . Sorry think I should have stated that please forgive me

Vanilla extract if you care to bake.
SOS soap pads.
Of course prescription medicines. Contact lens solution if using.

You can get the vanilla extract as well as proper vanilla pods from Acima!

Contact lens solution is available here. So are similar prescription medicines for  the main part. If they are to be imported, they need an authorisation from your doctor that they are essential and were legally prescribed. Under NHS rules, doctors can no longer prescribe more than a month's worth of medicine in advance, so you're going to have to get the medicines in their local equivalents here anyway.

I do not have Acima in Essaouira.

FreyaMorocco wrote:

OK.

However, before we had decent supermarkets in El Jadida, I'd hop on a coach and go up to Casablanca for my needs. Why not take a lovely overnight trip to Safi or Marrakech?

a rocking chair!! When I move there this is something I will definitely be taking.

Camping supplies are often expensive in Morocco. China and USA made things we take for granted as low price items are more expensive over there(coolers,tents,portable beach chairs,wind protection,bug tents)

A bicycle!  My husband and I love biking and prices for good sports equipment is higher over there.

Ski equipment if you plan on living close to Ifrane

Blender for smoothies and my robot culinaire(It cuts,slices vegetables but I forget its name in English)

Also plastic storage containers like Rubbermaid.

Empty spray bottles

a real mop or swiffer and a portable vacuum cleaner if you plan on carpets or even just to clean the sofas!

several great 110-220 volt exchangers if you can't get your house rewired

small portable HEATERS. The houses are not insulated and so darn cold in the winter.(0 degrees) We had to wear our coats inside the house !
electric blankets if you dont like those CONCRETE (haha) heavy blankets they have over there

fans for summer

A lot of these things ARE available in Morocco but it depends on where you are and how much you are willing to pay.

FreyaMorocco wrote:

Essouria is where I plan to go in the next 5 yrs! I saw one grocery store on the far side of town but didn't get a chance to visit it while on holiday.

also coffee machine and electric tea pot

BOOKS!
Moroccans don't seem to be big readers. Have guests and visitors bring you some every trip and start a lending library between friends.

Yes. I've been to several houses, and I certainly noticed one thing in common - No books. The only book I saw was the Qu'ran, which is probably only used during Ramadan or Fridays after Jumu'ah.

In Essaouira I was close to despair about books ... until I found the local resale shop! Lots in English. Also an antiques dealer has lots of hard cover in many languages, incl English. The local bookshop has a small English selection but they accept my return books for store credit. By all means, ask other expats for book exchange.

Flea Markets are good places to find books too.

My other big challenge was locating good reading lamps. Finally got some at Mr. Bricolage in Marrakech.make sure you buy the correct bulbs - i didn't.