Admision permanente issue time

How long does it take to get Carnet de Residencia Permanente (residency card) after application is submited to Migraciones? What is a realistic time? Can I count on 90 days? Please let me know your recent experience.

Employees at Migrations office say that it's ready within 90 days, but I know cases (my client's) that took 6 to 7 months, some of them even a year, so you should take that into account. Regular visits to migration's office after application is submitted usually helps to 'speed up' the process. That's how things work in this country.

Thanks. I may understand some cases could take longer, but an avarage time should be. around 90 days? Or I just dreaming? It would strange Migraciones set 90 days period and then do not keep with it.

You are right. Would you believe that there's such thing as 'paraguayan time'? which refers to paraguayan always taking longer than promised.
However, what is happening here is that, after last year's fiasco, migrations might be trying to look 'serious' by taking longer to approve applications.

We have been waiting for 13 months and still no sign of our Residency, after supplying all the correct documentation required by the Imigration office , plus additional proof of my husbands residency in the uk since 1991, they still won't sign our application .

arthur4542, do you live in Paraguay? Are you regularly visiting Migrations office? That's odd they are not approving it after so long.

Yes we do live here as required, we have done everything by the book, we visited the immigration office on 27th Dec and spoke to the top guy in immigration , he wants more proof of my husbands residency in the uk, as he is Portuguse , despite producing bank statements dated back from 2008, plus an old renewed passport, dating to 2002 showing London  , great Briton as the renewal embassy. We are about to give up. They also wanted another police check from Madeira his birth place, but he left there when he was 16. He is now 74. Ridiculous .
   Now they say they want a police check from Beazil as we holiday there for past 12 years,  my husband has never committed a crime, does not have a police record, this is becoming too much

13 months? WTF?!!!? Why do they want documents of the past residency? There is nothing about it in the list of documents needed for application or I missed something? Police check raport from the country of origin or country of residency for a 5 past years. How could it be possible to get a police check at a national level in a country of holidays? Total nonsense!

Yes that's why it all doesn't add up. Something odd about it all, maybe they don't like our faces. I am a qualified Englush teacher , Jose has a clear 5 year police record as stated as a requirement, uk don't issue 5 year check if you only been in uk for a short thine, if it's less than 5 years it states on the certificate