Electricity Capacity for Bali properties

Hi All

In looking for rentals in Bali, I have noticed that many listings quote the ‘Electricity Capacity' of the property.

I am assuming this relates to the maximum output of the property when you have all appliances, AirCon, etc… running at the one time.

I don't see any clear indication of how much ‘capacity' could be needed, and wanted to get some input from the community.

Thanks

From the limited experience I have here with power, just make sure your breakers are 450 not lower as a rice cooker, hair tongs, AC units on one circuit can overload it quickly and cause things to trip.

Thanks for that.

I guess I am more concerned about total capacity, not one circuit tripping.

Is there any way to know how much capacity you need for certain things?

I am sure if you are working with an agent they can tell you. Also Other posters living in Bali can give more useful advice.

With very few exceptions the villas constructed on Bali are of high quality and proper utilities, including electrical.

Personally I wouldn't worry if you can run your rice cooker, be doing ironing, having the electric clothes drier and air con running at the same time.  You can pretty much count on the villa owner and his tukang having considered that from the start.