Student grants and scholarships

Hey,
I am Belgian and have lived all over the world throughout my life. I am now going to move to Australia to study but I am having financial struggles.
Would anyone have any ideas where I could find scholarships or grants to help me pay my education in Australia?
All Australian scholarships I have found require you to be an Australian citizen and I have not found any Belgian scholarships/grants.

Thanks

dragonfliescantwalk wrote:

Hey,
I am Belgian and have lived all over the world throughout my life. I am now going to move to Australia to study but I am having financial struggles.
Would anyone have any ideas where I could find scholarships or grants to help me pay my education in Australia?
All Australian scholarships I have found require you to be an Australian citizen and I have not found any Belgian scholarships/grants.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

You have answered your own question. You must be an Australian citizen.

stumpy wrote:
dragonfliescantwalk wrote:

Hey,

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

You have answered your own question. You must be an Australian citizen.

Yes but I was wondering if belgium had any for abroad students or if there were any international options.

Hi there;

It's shocking for me that you say all scholarships are only for citizens of AUS. You can get scholarship based on your academic merits. Give me details of your field and level of study, then I'll show you proper scholarships for ya ;)

From what iv seen they're all valid for aus citizens yes. My field is an undergraduate in science. There was one high achievement award but I did not make the qualifications.

I've seen scholarships on individual universities' websites but i say for PhD/research programs, not undergraduate. maybe you could find some general ones like NZAid in New Zealand which gives scholarships globally.

kumargsa wrote:

I've seen scholarships on individual universities' websites but i say for PhD/research programs, not undergraduate. maybe you could find some general ones like NZAid in New Zealand which gives scholarships globally.

Sadly like many other scholarships that one is for people who come from developing countries.

Is it for undergraduate or postgraduate?
Do you have an update CV? Let me to have a look and see your qualifications.

$h0jA wrote:

Is it for undergraduate or postgraduate?
Do you have an update CV? Let me to have a look and see your qualifications.

Undergrad and I finished the IB last year with a 34

usually for undergraduates you cannot apply for scholarships before admission; this is true for almost all of the uni in the world. Because the priority is given to Master and PhD students due to their research works.
Currently you have two options:
1-Apply for your uni of choice and after admission usually during the 1st sem you can apply for scholarships or financial support which is available for current students regardless of their nationalities.

2-Some financial supports are given via Embassy, exchange programs and other private organization (You can definitely find them in you country, in which they support you with some conditions).

All in all, there's a way but you have to keep looking for it. For me, I spent around 6 months emailing universities and professors regarding scholarship and eventually; I got what I wanted. Just keep going  :cheers:

$h0jA wrote:

usually for undergraduates you cannot apply for scholarships before admission; this is true for almost all of the uni in the world. Because the priority is given to Master and PhD students due to their research works.
Currently you have two options:
1-Apply for your uni of choice and after admission usually during the 1st sem you can apply for scholarships or financial support which is available for current students regardless of their nationalities.

2-Some financial supports are given via Embassy, exchange programs and other private organization (You can definitely find them in you country, in which they support you with some conditions).

All in all, there's a way but you have to keep looking for it. For me, I spent around 6 months emailing universities and professors regarding scholarship and eventually; I got what I wanted. Just keep going  :cheers:

Thank you for your help :) I will keep looking and will go to the international student help at my university, they will probably help me.

i can't see why we can't help each other out! i'm also looking for a scholarship for a Master in Melbourne

Inbox me your course details and level of study

Hi Guys, this is interesting topic. I am looking for options to study too, I have not identified a course yet, my background is Computer Engineering and Telecom, I am looking for postgraduate with research component. Here is my question: What is the best way to select a course and get high chance for getting scholarship? Thanks

PLEASE everyone reads 1st then ask Q:

First of all, determine your country of interest; if it's AUS the check their universities one by one from the link below:
AUS universities in order

Then, go the respective department and read the requirements. In case you don't know how to find it; the easiest way is to contact the international student registration office for that faculty. You may ask them about the basic requirements, grade of TOEFL or IELTS, deadline for lodging application, annual application round and alike.
Another thing to consider if you're a geek like me who cares about the global ranking of universiites, check the following link and just browse for your field.
Subject rankings

Normally, for postgraduate studies; some universities ask you to find a supervisor before lodging application and some don't. So if you have to find one, you should check the background of all professors in that department and see which one has similar research areas with you or have available projects.

Zuhair, I've provided the Computer science faculty of my university, check it out

QUT computer science

I hope this helps. Another thing I cannot reply to all my inbox at same time. Please ask anything related to study in here and only if it's urgent, inbox me.

Cheers :cheers:

Great feedback $h0jA  and super quick too, I am targeting Unies in Oz, so I will do the research and I am sure I will secure a scholarship too, Thanks mate  ;)