FAMILY RESIDENT VISA

Hello All

Post my resident visa I need to apply for resident visa for my wife and daughter. Can you advise what is the procedure and what all docs are required to be prepared from my end prior leaving India.

Regards

Hi rinkubist,

Seriously, how difficult is it for you to go to the search bar above and type 'Family Visa' ?

All that you need to know are already available there.

So please help yourself.

It's free.

Hello Mr. Sumitran

Yes you are very right and it is free too. Actually I was avoiding to put this question straight as it is read by a lot of people and did not want to spread any unpleasant rumors. I have heard from some of the people who are having their family in Oman. There is mixed advice on medical for family. Some say they had done medical test for family from GCC approved clinics prior applying for visa whereas some say they did not. All are of the same nationality so how can the rules be different.

Regards

Hi rinkubist,

Getting the medical tests done for the spouse prior to applying for the family joining visa is a must.

I do not know how there could be an exception to this rule.

Best would be for you to consult with your employer about the requirements.

Don't listen to all and sundry. Each person will have his own theories about these things.

Go by what your company PRO says as he is your fist point of contact on all official matters.

Hi Mr. Sumitran

Thanks a ton. Will do as advised.

Reagrds

Hi Mr,Sumitran,

I understand, the query I have is out of topic. I have been provided by my company an entry permit for Oman, which mentions my profession as "Technician" , as there are some restrictions in getting "Engineer" visa. As per discussion with company HR & Admin ppl, I was told that, a person can enter Oman on any type of category mentioned on visa and once the visa is stamped, the company has option for upgrading the profession on the visa to Engineer. I genuinely had a doubt about this and wanted to clarify , whether such an option is there & if so, how long it might take for upgrading. The main issue being a family man , is that  I wouldnot be able to bring family , as the technician visa is for individual only. Kindly reply back.

Regards
VKV

vkv123 wrote:

Hi Mr,Sumitran,

I understand, the query I have is out of topic. I have been provided by my company an entry permit for Oman, which mentions my profession as "Technician" , as there are some restrictions in getting "Engineer" visa. As per discussion with company HR & Admin ppl, I was told that, a person can enter Oman on any type of category mentioned on visa and once the visa is stamped, the company has option for upgrading the profession on the visa to Engineer. I genuinely had a doubt about this and wanted to clarify , whether such an option is there & if so, how long it might take for upgrading. The main issue being a family man , is that  I wouldnot be able to bring family , as the technician visa is for individual only. Kindly reply back.

Regards
VKV

Hi vkv123,

In your own interest it is better to make sure that you accept the offer on your terms.

Your employer might promise you a lot to make you take up the job. But on joining it is a very common practice for most employers not to keep their promises. Because the employer knows that a new employee can do next to nothing even if there are any irregularities between his job contract and on-ground realities. Perhaps your prospective employer is different, I don't know. But if I were you, I wouldn't take that chance.

More so now when things are all so difficult for an expat employee - no option to shift jobs; if you leave, cannot return for a minimum of 2 years; even if you wish to come back to Oman on a visit, you now need your last employer's no objection ... the odds are actually stacked against the expat employee.

So be clear about what you are getting into. Make sure all details are put down clearly in paper and signed by authorised signatories. Don't take anybody's word of mouth into confidence. Keep everything formal and official as it should be.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks for the info. Could you share with me , your email id, so I can further discuss over this matter

Regards