Health insurance

Does anyone over 65 have health insurance?  What company?

I have health insurance with IMSS. I've had it for about 5 years. It's a bit of a hassle to get, with the forms and all.
The price is reasonable, but I only plan on using it for emergencies, since the cost of a doctor's visit is so low. I've also had a hip replaced here, but it was done privately, costing much, much less than it would have in the states.

I have friends who have the free local insurance, which is good, too. Access to the local clinic is free, and the service is outstanding. A couple of years ago I was bitten by a local dog, and not only did they take care of the bite, the monitored the dog for ten days to make sure it wasn't rabid.

Hope this helps!

Babs

Many thanks.  I feel much better knowing that it is available for really seriou situation.

What does the IMSS insurance cost i know a Mexican Citizen that Desperatly needs insurance he is 88 years old

In April 2013, I paid $3,733.30 MN for the year.

in 2014, it was $4,650. MN. I am 80. The private practitioners I have found are very good, reasonably priced, and don't require long waits. However, I will keep the IMSS in case of an accident or something my kids would have to pay for. The price seems to go up about $1,000. MN a year, which is pretty good..

At the present exchange rate, it costs me about $350 US a year--very rough calculation!

Babs

Thanks a lot i will pass this on to a Family member of his 

David1946