Venture Capital - Up to $500k to invest in a business

Hi All,

I am a private venture capitalist, my core business is property development, however, looking to diversify in Vietnam.

I have a private fund of $200k to $500k to investment into any new or existing business, as long as return on investment is generous.

I am open for suggestion and can travel to Vietnam to discuss further, if potential exist.

The word you're looking for is angel investor.

No not Angel investor..to main stream, I'm an opportunist, venture capitalist is fine...

So tell me Lax, what's the cost to setup a gym in HCMC and ROI..as you are intending..

1-1.5mil. ROI doesn't apply here, no one can give you a correct figure for a startup.

Hi Xavier:
I'm Lucian, Vietnamese American, engineer/entrepreneur, living in Hanoi.
Next Friday 6.1.2025, there will be a  big meeting of startup companies in Hanoi. Myself I start a company(123L,), language education for children.
Best regards,
Lucian

Hongma1975 wrote:

Hi Xavier:
Next Friday 6.1.2025, there will be a  big meeting of startup companies in Hanoi. Myself I start a company(123L,), language education for children.
Best regards,
Lucian

Could you give me the address for this?

Hi Xavier:
Best regards,
Lucian

I don't know the address of this gathering yet. May be I can forward the invitation to your email address.

Hongma1975 wrote:

I don't know the address of this gathering yet. May be I can forward the invitation to your email address.

[email protected]

(Moderated: no free ads here please )

Hi Xavier

With your fund, you can invest by opening a restaurant or renting the apartment and supplier the serviced apartment to foreigner who is living and working in Vietnam. The client you can focus is middle from 300-500$/month for rental price.

Do not hesitate contact me if you're in Hanoi Vietnam

Warmest regards

Jennifer

Hello, XavierPham,
I am Vietnamese, are you a Vietnamese overseas ?
Now i am working in property business/entrepreneur. Glad to see you .Which industries in Vietnam are you interested?
I am currently living in Danang city . If you have time , Please come and visit me!
Skype and email : [email protected]

what ROI would you consider generous?

Taking into consideration inflation in Vietnam has been dropping since the recession to about 5% and Commonwealth bank offering 7.2% savings interest rate my target is a 10% real ROI.

I think 6% real ROI is a good starting point and work my way towards the target.

Wow, You are the VC Khanh44. Hope you at least rethink your business moniker. I thought it sounded a little fishy.

Really? Forget it, man! You can get more in your sleep. this doesn't make sense to me.

what my ROI is too low? I'm a conservative investor. But I guess it depends on how much capital you have and what your long term goals are.

hs0zfe wrote:

Really? Forget it, man! You can get more in your sleep. this doesn't make sense to me.

k, some hard numbers on my target of 10% real ROI.

$500k X 10% = $50k annually or $4166/mth which translate to about $85 mil VND/mth.

Is $85 million dongs a month compounded too little over a 20 year period?

Vagabondone wrote:

Wow, You are the VC Khanh44. Hope you at least rethink your business moniker. I thought it sounded a little fishy.

Did I do something wrong? I run 3 rental properties on this model.

khanh44 wrote:
hs0zfe wrote:

k, some hard numbers on my target of 10% real ROI.

$500k X 10% = $50k annually or $4166/mth which translate to about $85 mil VND/mth.

Is $85 million dongs a month compounded too little over a 20 year period?

Khanh44,
   First of all you are not a VC in any form or fashion. The ones who read your post should understand that. A quarter million does not one make a VC. Your ROI is......well lets not go there. Either your readers that intrigues or you need to go back to school. They have a saying " a fool and his money will soon part. In regards to this dream there are two fools, one on each side.
What VC would seek investors on the EB?

Vagabondone wrote:

Khanh44,
   First of all you are not a VC in any form or fashion. The ones who read your post should understand that. A quarter million does not one make a VC. Your ROI is......well lets not go there. Either your readers that intrigues or you need to go back to school. They have a saying " a fool and his money will soon part. In regards to this dream there are two fools, one on each side.

no clue what you're saying but I'll stick to my goals that I've been doing successfully with my rental and stock investments that have allowed me to quit my day job and live in Vietnam at 36 years of age. 10% is considered high over the long term but extremely low for last 2 years in Canada and U.S.  My investment decisions in Vietnam are compared to what my investment in Canada/U.S would return me.

As for seeking investors I never once asked for any investors nor do I need investors.

Perplexing reply but I'm interested in knowing what a good ROI would be in Vietnam.

since we're going off topic get ready for oil to spike 4 hours after market opens.

khanh44 wrote:
Vagabondone wrote:

Khanh44,

no clue what you're saying but I'll stick to my goals that I've been doing successfully with my rental and stock investments that have allowed me to quit my day job and live in Vietnam at 36 years of age. 10% is considered high over the long term but extremely low for last 2 years in Canada and U.S.  My investment decisions in Vietnam are compared to what my investment in Canada/U.S would return me.

As for seeking investors I never once asked for any investors nor do I need investors.

Perplexing reply but I'm interested in knowing what a good ROI would be in Vietnam.

Well start at 17% for a good momentum investment. But your from up North. I have no clue what type of return you might expect up North, or here in Vietnam where you take on HUGE risk. If you were setting across the table from me making your presentation or me making mine I would run baby run. Neither side has one clue.

I figured the percentage in Vietnam would be high. Go big or go broke. I'm satisfied with just a 6% starting real return over a 20 year period.

Good luck getting rich Khanh44. I am out on this post> Hope you can get some suckers to buy into your dream.

I share dacabbie sentiment. If I wanted to be rich I would have stayed in Canada and worked my cushy unionized 6 figure job until early retirement. I chose Vietnam for it's vibrant culture and laid back attitude.

I can sing you a few folksy Vietnamese songs.

Hello XavierPham,

Please note that there is the Business partners classifieds in Hanoi section where you can post an ad, as the forum is not really the appropriate place.

I am therefore closing this topic.

Thanks all

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed