UAE Entry via Al-Ain Border

Hi all,

Just want to confirm if someone travelled to UAE by road via AlBurami Border within last week or tow and how much they charge for the visa. I heard that all of them now charge 25 OMR.

Thanks in advance.

liverpoollfc wrote:

Hi all,

Just want to confirm if someone travelled to UAE by road via AlBurami Border within last week or tow and how much they charge for the visa. I heard that all of them now charge 25 OMR.

Thanks in advance.

This is absolutely correct. The border visa charges from all the entry points have changed to OMR 26.
I had a pathetic experience 2 weeks ago at "Khatmat Malaha" border where that idiot emirati immigration officer took more than 1 hour to verify the documents (even when i harshly said I don't wanna go to an idiotic country). Later on, it was informed that the charges from all borders have become equal.

I would suggest you to utilize "Hatta" as now its useless to enter from other entry places.

No wonder we're living among the best arabs in gulf, i.e. Oman.
The feeling accelerates once you're at UAE border and meet the idiot most emaratees officers.

Thanks Schaz for your reply.

Well crossing any other border will be waste of time now but I am travelling to Abu Dhabi and AlBuraimi will save me 100 km as compared to Hatta.

Hi all
I wanna know, what are the ways to reach Dubai/Abu Dhabi from Oman by road. I mean, how many entry points are available if one is starting from Sohar?
I've read that Expats in Oman can now apply online for UAE entry permit. It seems that is not an option for those who travel by road.
Secondly, I wanna know In case of checks at border post, what all documents are needed?
Thanks.