High Speed Internet in Lima

New here so if this has been discussed please accept my apologies. I am considering moving to Lima and wanted to get.  some info on the availability, speed and reliability of high speed internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello gwillie and welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope that you'll get some prompt feedbacks soon.

Thanks

Karen :)

Bump. I'm also very curious about this.

What type of speed can you expect, how much would it cost to get high speed internet, and are power outages an issue to having a consistent, stable internet connection?

Hi,
There are a number of companies offering high speed internet. We chose Movistar because they offered a package of fixed phone, cable television and internet. We pay for HD and movies and a 15mps internet connection. It has been down twice since we moved in over the last 3 months other wise the OKLA test always comes up with slightly more than 15. If you want to pay you can have 60mps. Movistar guarantee at least 40% of the paid for service, others only offer 10%. For our package we pay around S/.380 - $125 (based on today's rate of 3.03 to the $). If you don't have residency then that can be a problem, unless you know someone who has a DNI ( national identity card) who is prepared to order it for you. Installation costs are up to S/.150 and include cable tv box, wireless fixed phone and wireless router - normally takes about a week to install. We live in San Isidro where they have installed fibre optics - other districts don't have that yet and the speed may vary.
Hope that helps,
Mike