Applying a Visit visa/schengen visa without any ties

Applying a Visit visa/schengen visa without any ties to your home country or any proof that you will go back..

Please help..
need some advices.. 😢😢

Thank you very much!

hi Are.

in my opinion, that is just the reason the embassy provides coz "we think your relationship is not legit" is too harsh to say as rejection reason. haha

when i got denied the first time i applied, this is what they told me as rejection reason, that im unlikely to return blah blah, coz me and my bf have not met yet. the next time i applied, after my bf visited me but with same "ties to home country" papers, i got approved.. and the lady that interviewed me told that its coz they need to see that the relationship is legit. that is if the couple had alrdy met or if they had known each other for a long time..

btw, a job is also reason to come back.. but last time i checked (yesterday), the visit visa checklist had been changed.. they dont ask for COE or payslips anymore.. and properties/children birth certs are just supporting documents..

but in my opinion, if ur bf or the person u will visit have alrdy met in person, i dont think they will give you a hard time. just to share on this topic, my first approved visit visa was after my bf visit me for a total of 4 weeks (2 seperate visits for 2 weeks each) and we've known each other for a year).

if u have questions about visit visa, feel free to send me a private message ;) i can share my experiences.. i will be doing my 4th visit visa application soon, so im sorta updated, hehe ;)

important embassy update

Starting February 2015, the receipt of requirements on visa applications will be outsourced... But it is still the embassy who will make the decision. New location, additional fee, longer processing.. :(

see this link: Embassy News

Hi pheebz,
Any idea regarding the possibility of a Visa be approved if you're unemployed? I'm planning to visit my fiance by April, he visited me here last year though.
Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps :-)

hi tam.

i have a job when i applied for my previous visit visas, so i really dont have an experience to share about this.. also please note that i am not a visa agent or whatsoever, but i will try answer your question to the best of my knowledge... so i will answer your question based on UDI information on their site.. :) here is what UDI has to say (link here):

How your application is considered
* When we process your application, we consider how probable it is that you will return to your home country or the country you live in when the visit is over. We consider the situation in your country and your own situation.
* We will focus on whether you have anything that ties you to your home country, for example work, property, a spouse or family members who you are supporting.
* If we believe that it is unlikely that you will return, your application will normally be rejected.

however, the "employment requirements" had been removed from bf/gf/fiancée visit visa checklist (as compared to when i applied 2 yrs ago). although it is still asked in the questionaire: if u are employed or not, for how long and how much salary.. but in my opinion, it doesnt matter much now... its says this on the UDI site for bf/fiancé visit:

Your possibility of getting a visa
* If you plan to visit your girlfriend or boyfriend, you can be granted a visa if you are in an established relationship. This means that if you have been together for a long time and have met several times, you have a better chance of being granted a visa.

so in my personal opinion when it comes to visit visa for bf/fiancé, you just need to prove that the relationship is legit.. if you and ur fiancé have spent time together thru vacations or visits, and had known each other for a long time, then u got better chances of getting approved...

hope this helps. :)

Thanks Pheebz....

ur welcome tam :) have u already applied for the visit visa?

btw,  i dunno if this still matters since tam already  had her residence permit approved.. i just wanna share that you cant have 2 active visa applications to Norway.. for example, u have an application for a family reunification permit  which is a form of a residence permit/visa and its still in process and not approved yet.. sadly,  u cant apply for a visit/tourist visa.. this is because applying for a residence permit,  u declare ur intent to move to norway.. and applying for a tourist visa,  embassy can see it  as a possibility that u wont return... so if u want to apply another kind of visa,  the other one should be cancelled..

i actually asked about this to the embassy.. coz i wanna apply for a fiancée visa while i have an active visit visa... they said i need to cancel my visit visa in order to apply for fiancée..

Your are correct pheebz, we cant have 2 visa applications to Norway. I also asked that at the embassy, they said I need to cancel the fiance visa application if I want to get a tourist visa. So i just waited for the result of the fiance visa app.