Accomodation at 1500 Rufiyaa for teaching staff

Dears,

I got a Biology teaching contract from Ministry of Education through a recruiting agency in Kerala, India. Apart from 6295 MVR basic, they are giving 1500 MVR for accommodation, 1500 MVR for food and 2500 MVR for other expenses to sum up a total of 11795 MVR.

According to the recruiting agency, ministry of education arranged small houses for the employees and need only 1500 MVR to rent it, though the rent has to be paid by the employee than a direct settlement with the landlord and the ministry.

By searching the forum I am under the impression that, not even a single room is available for MVR 1500.Hence, it would be grateful to know whether you guys know any teachers rented a house/room for MVR 1500 or is it possible to do so.

If you check the exchange rate then you will see that 1500mrf is only 100usd. If in Male..no suitable apartments rent for less than 600usd and they are tiny.Be very careful! Ask MOE where you are workijg, accomodations, how many ppl are living there...pictures too. Be very very careful!

Thanks a lot for your reply. However would like to know do the same condition applicable to outer atoll or the accommodation and living expenses are lower than Male, where my job offer is to an outer island.
Thanks

Just an updation to above post as my job posting is at S. Addu  high school, and would like to know being an atoll do 1500 Rufiya is enough to hire a single room accommodation.