Jordanian American just moved into town ... That's me!

I've been reading so many posts on life in Riyadh loved this blog! I've been here for a week now and it's not as bad as I expected. I moved with my husband and basically all I've been doing is trying the restaurants lol (so yummy btw). I'm now looking for a job mostly in marketing or social media related. Also where do open minded or let me say (cool) people hang out and meet. It's killing me that I don't have a group of a bunch of friends here and have loads of fun like back home! Looking forward to hearing from you guys :)

Love,
Bee

we, cool western guys, usually play golf, desert trekking, bbq in the compounds, lazing here and there, gym, squash, shopping, cooking, drinking usually @ our home accommodations.

What compound are you in and is it nice?  My husband and I are moving to one but we are still on the waiting list!

most compounds are OK. but i chose not to stay in. instead i took accommodation allowance (which is really....) and get outside accommodation which is less expensive. i meet  friends in compounds weekends some times but most of the time we are out doors.

meeting new friends in compounds usually starts either in the gym, pool, and bus going to shopping centers.

Thanks that's pretty useful!

Well, have you been to Al Tahlia street? it's basically the downtown of Riyadh. You can walk and try to catch up with people there. < there is a lot of cool people and even crazy "fun" people lol.

good luck!

Hi Bee

How you doing? Hope you're settling in well. I know exactly how you feel !
Me and hubby are here from London and will be staying for  a few years it looks like. We're in a compound which is pretty central.
We are slowly building up a group of friends and you're welcome to join us.
We'll be doing a movie night soon at our place and also love to BBQs around the pool & picnics and dine out.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Take care
S