6000AED is enough for a single person to survive in Dubai?

Hello Folks,

Good evening, Recently I have received an offer for Dubai. The salary offered is just 6000 AED per month(Family Visa, annual air tickets, Medical and Nothing else). We 3 friends have got selected. is there this salary is enough to lead the life in Dubai? I survive in 30k RS in Bangalore. can I lead the same life there? any one who knows India (South) can guide me better even others too. Location is not declared. As per offer all the medical group insurance ects are taken care by company. Please guide me to accept/reject the offer. even I asked to revise it for at least 8000 AED but company has refused to do so. Please guide.

Most importantly my wife is also working here in Bangalore. is there any way that I can find job for her in Dubai? She is specialized in MBA HR and Finance.

Your valuable inputs are required take my foot ahead.

If you are planning to come alone and lead a normal life 6000dhs is more than enough for a bachelor.. But i dont know whats the nature of job, if that involves travelling you won't be able to make much savings

6000 basic salary per month for starter is a good offer to lead a comfortable simple life in dubai
But if it includes accomodation allowance and transportation allowance then u should think about it twice.

6000 + accomodation + transport = GREAT !
6000 - accomodation - transport = think again !

Hope this helps.

Hello Faraz,
Thanks for suggestion. My job is retail i wont traveling exept office to home n home to office.
My second query is can i able to find a job for my wife there? As i said she is done with MBA HR n Finance. So in few months if she also gets the job then we can save something. Please suggest.

Hello pirs,
Yeah your pricese suggestion really helped me alot. My salary is 3500 basic and 2500 allowances. And its a retail job. Planned to come.alone for few months and thinking to search for better job for myself n for my wife atleast... is this works there?

pirs.eb wrote:

6000 basic salary per month for starter is a good offer to lead a comfortable simple life in dubai
But if it includes accomodation allowance and transportation allowance then u should think about it twice.

6000 + accomodation + transport = GREAT !
6000 - accomodation - transport = think again !

Hope this helps.

yes correct !!!

Hello Mohammedshafit,
Thanks for the valuable suggestion.
It could be helpful if you give inputs on the second query. Shall we search the job there?

if you want to sponcer visa for your wife 4000 + company accomodation, else 5000 Dhs minimum salary. In which you are already eligible.

Finding an apartment, studio or 1 BHK will cost you like 3500 - 5000 Dhs depending upon locations.

Finding a job : yes it works.

It depends on your life style.. but normally people working in banks as sales agents get 5000AED salary without travelling allowance, and they are living happily here.

"mohammedshafit Yesterday 12:21:05
if you want to sponcer visa for your wife 4000 + company accomodation, else 5000 Dhs minimum salary. In which you are already eligible."

Hello Mohammedshafit,
Thanks for the inputs. Yup we are getting familyvisa from ccompany. Anyway your suggestion is most valuable to me...

Thank yo Mr Yashwant R..

I don't know what you consider "the life".  But my single friends were looking at apartments with one bedroom and they were about 69k per year for the lowest.  If you are willing to live in a somewhat different part of town than they were, perhaps a bit lower.  My husband manages a team of laborers who make about 2500 per month.  The company pays for their lodging which is a bed in a labor-camp type apartment.  500 dhs per month.  I am stressing housing because it is the biggest expense here.  renting a car is about 1500dhs per month.

Hello Adinasmith,
Thanks for the valuable input. We really think twice over it. Thanks for taking your valuable time n suggestion. They really mean to me.

Hi - AED6K is barely enough for you to survive on room sharing bachelor basis.  It is inadequate for you to get your wife under your visa.  Do not accept offers less than 10K, Dubai is very expensive, especially rents, schools and medical requirement.