General Chit Chat

Just found out that as of 6PM last night (does not include rain total from last night) we have had 9.6 inches of rain in the prior  30 hours.  So this does not include rain fall from last night, Thursday or Friday . Totals are probably in excess of 12 inches of rain.

Bob K

That is a lot of rain honey!!!!   Imagine the people living in the low lying areas, without proper roofs,  windows etc.  They are undoubtedly very cold!   I remember looking at people when I visited in January as a tourist and I thought they must be crazy.

Now I am crazy too,  feeling the cold and very grateful that I can live in a good building!   No fans needed right now that is for sure....

Yes lots of rain. But not cold from my current perspective. It rained heavy for 2 days when we there last time and it sure did get messy. Can't imagine how it is now.

My family is from Puerto Rico and they feel the same way when temps drop below 20C there. It's funny, because it has happened many times when I have been visiting and Everyone is bundled up, except me. 😃

It was so cold last night and the night before that the security guards were wearing down jackets, hats and gloves :D

And Planner yes parts of Puerto Plata and Sabaneta have homes under water.  Funny we collect bedding, clothes, shoes all year long just for these times.  Looks like tomorrow we will be distributing suitcases of stuff.... till next time.

Bob K