Happiness and Business Coach want to move to KL

Hello,

I recently spent a month in KL and fell in love with the place and the people.
So I am considering moving to Kuala Lumpur.

I have more than 10 years experience as a Life Coach, Trainer - Business and Personal Development and hold various degrees and qualifications. I also have a background in teaching Theatre, English, working with teenagers and have a real talent in designing and delivering trainings to motivate people.

I would appreciate any advices about how and where to go about looking for job opportunities as well as any connections with people living in KL.

Looking forward to getting to know you and meet you one day :)

Nina

Check out the websites of all the international schools and see what jobs they have available. They are currently hiring for 2015-16 school year. Apart from that, it will probably be difficult to find work in your field of expertise in Malaysia. Usually it is necessary to adapt to what's on offer when moving country.

Thank you dear Gravitas :)

I do hope that there are many companies set on providing training for businesses, and with my expertise and background hope to be hired by one of them.

Would appreciate advices on where I can search for such job offers.

Just to mention that when you submit any business proposals to companies about your services it is customary to include a photograph (same goes for CVs).  I would suggest you find one that is suitable for those purposes.

The only way to get into your area of work would be by networking and then getting recommended. There are many local people offering the type of services you mention so the competition would be great. If you dont get hired by a company, you can set up a corporate entity in Malaysia (RM500k paid up capital required for consulting company) and offer freelance services. However, it would be good to do some market research before attempting this.

All local people have their own companies as this type of services are only taken on a consultancy basis. They never become employees of their clients (which you need for immigration purposes). So in essence, your idea is a non-starter.

Getting a teaching or teaching assistant job initially will allow you to network and hopefully move into your preferred area of employment. But being "white" is not really an advantage in your area, because there may be resistance to "westernised viewpoints". Malaysia is a conservative but sensible society and does not open its arms wide to all outside ideas. Being culturally sensitive is very important.

Jobsdb is a good site jobs from all over S.E.A or try linkedin also