Investors

I'm looking to arrange an initial meet-up of investors interested in putting together an incubator / seed fund here in HCMC. I think the minimum capital per individual should be $10,000 USD, but we can get into the details later. I figure the meet-up will take place towards the end of February.

Post here or send me a private message.

Thanks.

Scotty

To do any sort of business requires registrations. What are YOUR registration numbers?

Quite honestly, whether intended or not, this deal smells. Who the hell would want to invest in VietNam using a scheme such as yours?

Remember the Bitcoin promoter here in VN? He's gone and the Bitcoin business is heading for the rocks - until governments can get their hands on the deal.

After all the scams that followed the establishment of stock exchanges in HCM and Ha Noi there were hundreds of schemes scams.

P.S. Don't think that only Foreigners these fora (forums) - all are monitored by Internal Security as well as several other governments agencies - it's how they learn about scams and tricks, etc.

Jaitch,

There isn't any scam here, but thanks for tainting my post in that regard. In addition, I didn't know I needed a registration number to arrange a meet-up to discuss a potential business venture.

Accordingly, if you have some constructive input then please feel free to respond; otherwise, let my post stand.

Jaitch, for now, let's read Scotty and see how it goes.

Scotty, in which projects would you invest ?

It may be more interesting to post in the classifieds section > looking for business partners by the way ... as your posts looks like an ad

thanks

Your meeting isn't to discuss the weather or knitting it's about investing.

Authorities take this sought of thing as a 'solicitation', 'proposal' a sales pitch.

Others have tried this before, from VN, from Korea, from HongKong and from the West. Because of the tawdry history of things financial in VN, the regulators are extremely in enforcing these things.

Uber was slapped down, another US scheme is about to get hit. Why join them?

Check with the SSC - State securities commission of Vietnam. They have an office town: 1 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, District 1, HCM.

Read:  http://www.mondaq.com/x/196548/Commodit … ansactions

Jaitch,

You don't know what you're talking about, so let it go.

Hi Julien,

My post is not a solicitation because I'm not offering for sale or attempting to buy any goods or services. In fact, I'm trying to meet a specific group of people - like myself. However, I will concede that this may be the wrong forum to meet such people if Jaitch's lack of sophistication is the norm.

Thanks.

Scotty

yttocs wrote:

However, I will concede that this may be the wrong forum to meet such people if Jaitch's lack of sophistication is the norm.

I have a good nose for dubious deals.

It's not the post that is a solicitation, etc., but the meeting. Thanks for the compliment, I moderate other web sites and regard such comments as a score. The Chinese say: Point a finger at someone, and three point back at you.

Jaitch,

I brought up "solicitation" in response to Julian's post characterizing my post as a possible advertisement. My response to you was that you didn't know what you were talking about because there is no issue of a securities transaction.

In fact, the reason I put a filter of $10,000 for people to attend the meeting was to avoid people like you, Jaitch.

Jaitch, I'm actually trying to help you out here; the sign of an ignoramus is their propensity to free associate for lack of requisite knowledge without recognizing what they are doing; accordingly, I'm just trying to get you to recognize your behavior and perhaps help you to save a little face - in case you ever had any in the first place.

As far as my post, if anybody can read past Jaitch's buffalo manure, it still stands.

The use of the word "securities" is generic. It covers your sort of meeting. You are not a pioneer in this sort of activity in VietNam - they wrote regulations to protect naive (at that time) Vietnamese.

In fact, the reason I put a filter of $10,000 for people to attend the meeting was to avoid people like you, Jaitch.

That level of threshold still wouldn't inhibit me, I am still very well over the limit - the difference is I invest in solid, profitable, concerns with cash flow rather than pie in the sky schemes.

If yours is so good, run it past the SSC - they are here to help proper, legal schemes. Wouldn't it be better to have a SSC approval number?

Is it Amway??

I think you need to put a few more details out there.

What's the investment idea? If its AMWAY or some other MLM/direct sales - I don't think there is a big interest here.

An incubator/seed fund generally means you put up money into startups? How would you select them?

There's a monthly business/investment meetup floating somewhere on this forum. Might want to attend it and share your ideas at the meeting.

Hi Simon,

These questions are exactly what the meeting is for; to be brief, the procedure for selecting the startups would follow a standard screening process - something along the lines of how Tech Coast Angels does it. As far as what industries or technologies to be invested in, that would depend on the backgrounds of the investors.

None of these questions can really be addressed at this point.

Thanks.

Scotty

Jaitch,

Your statement that you "...invest in solid, profitable, concerns with cash flow..." does inhibit and prohibit you because it's just another example of your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.

I think at this point you would be classified as a troll - in internet parlance at least.

Hey, 10K up front to go to a meeting...... Why the fuck didn't I think of that?.... I'm over thinking about making a living in VN....
I'll invite all of you, to my place for 5K a head...... (Is that 'Happy Hour' price, or what!) to meet specific people... I have a business idea........

You guys don't understand. The poster has this dyed money and needs "investors" to provide seed money  to purchase the chemicals needed to remove the dye.

Jaitch,,,,3555 posts in 4 years?
You have a problem!!
Go out and get a life.

yttocs wrote:

Jaitch,

I brought up "solicitation" in response to Julian's post characterizing my post as a possible advertisement. My response to you was that you didn't know what you were talking about because there is no issue of a securities transaction.

Jaitch, I'm actually trying to help you out here; the sign of an ignoramus is their propensity to free associate for lack of requisite knowledge without recognizing what they are doing; accordingly, I'm just trying to get you to recognize your behavior and perhaps help you to save a little face - in case you ever had any in the first place.

As far as my post, if anybody can read past Jaitch's buffalo manure, it still stands.

Jaitch if is a know-it-all and has to do apparently nothing as like to write stupid stuff in the forum. Thinks He knows everything and knows nothing at all in reality! Simply ignore!

Hmm... 10K USD, to filter out the smart, seasoned expats(to attend a meeting)... And, catch a few gullible newbies, to buy you a incubator/seed fund?? That would put in 10K+ (Minimum Filter requirement), to go to the meeting.... I knew a guy, that actually sold ice, to an Eskimo.... he did well
Great idea mate, You'll make a fortune!

Hi Scotty,
do you know about the groups "silicon valley vietnam" and "Becamex TIC"?

Maybe they could be interested in you joining them, or at least could give you advice about how to do it.

Hi paubach,

I wasn't aware of those groups, but I will look into them. Thanks for the information.

Scotty

daCabbie,

Are you the replacement troll for Jaitch?

Let some people have a meeting, it won't hurt you any.

....this turned quickly into a social rant thread   :offtopic:

My Turn :D 

AustriaKarl wrote:

Jaitch if is a know-it-all and has to do apparently nothing as like to write stupid stuff in the forum. Thinks He knows everything and knows nothing at all in reality! Simply ignore!

daCabbie wrote:

Jiatch offers more honest and helpful information than anyone else on this board...He has saved countless people from near disaster and walked many of them through the transition process of becoming an expat in Vietnam

I think the reality will be somewhere between those two extreme views.
I'm sure that Jaitch's advice and information has indeed helped many here, but I'm also convinced that just as many innocent posters were gagged by the authoritarian style of his reply-posts.

I oppose trolling and I'm against public executions - but if we're going to publicly bash a troll - I'm in! :proud

But seriously though, I have never felt inclined to reported anyone on a forum even if it they were trolling (best remedy is to ignore them anyway) - but in this case I have often felt inclined to do something when I saw a moderator/expert single-handedly killing threads.

Like the reply-post that was made here. Completely out of line! this is a %#*)@ blog for expats right? - Jiatch post wasn't about giving honest advice, nor about expressing true concern for other members - it's selective bashing and pure personal 'ego tripping'.

daCabbie must be part of the gagging squad and uses language most often seen in experienced trolls:

daCabbie wrote:

You ever watch a newbie fish pick a fight with the biggest shark in prison...that is what you just did....

The above statement is a perfect example as to why it's so important that moderators are not uncontrolled free-ruling-dictators- the inappropriate behaviour of a high ranking officer is a contagious one, moreover other members start to think that expat-blog condones, or even promotes all of this....

daCabbie gives another very good example of how this works by first giving others the impression that he dwells amongst the ruling elite. Second, by having lost all grip on reality through the continual practice of blindly copying the disillusioned ideas of a superior:

daCabbie wrote:

Will the Mods please close this thread...isn't asking for investors the same as advertising? This forum is for information...there is another section for advertisements.

1. I shouldn't explain anything cause you're a troll - and the OP shouldn't have to defend himself either. It isn't an advertisement but merely a message detailing the business idea of a person who'd like to discuss this further with anyone interested. (or would you also argue that this post should have been made in the 'personals' section of this forum ---> "Single man looking for a group of people" ? :cool:

2. If Jiatch or his sidekicks were actually truly concerned about 'newbies' being scammed - then you could have done this discretely by pm the OP, or (if you're a moderator...no sidekick) by posting a general (warning) message - informing people to be careful, perhaps offer some tips, AND not forget ofcourse to clearly start with a message to the OP stating the intention of the post and that IN NO WAY you accuse him of any wrong doing.

But honestly, how could anyone be a newbie expat with more than $10,000 to spare/invest and NOT be able to take care of themselves....what makes you even think those people need any of your advice....

That's all folks!  :cheers:

:unsure do I get banned now?

daCabbie,

No company, products, or services being promoted here.

p.s. Don't you know that you shouldn't judge a person by their avatar? After all, you like you're a businessman.

Beware the "seed pods"......body snatchers everywhere.

Hi everyone,

I see that this topic is going nowhere and there is too much personal attacks here. :(

Therefore i am closing this thread straight away.

@ yttocs > Please post your request for investors in the Business partners classifieds in Saigon section please.

Thanks all

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed