Moving to PI? Any suggestions

I currently live in Vietnam and am thinking of at least coming to check out living/moving to the PI.
Not real keen on the heat or humidity. I've heard of a city in the North called Baquio (sp). Don't see it as a destination on the blog. Can anyone tell me how much a nice home would cost there to rent.
Is it difficult to find a lady friend there? What is the visa situation in the PI.? how long can I stay w/o leaving etc? Any help would be appreciated. Looking to maybe come that way mid April.

i move to the philippines 5 years ago....negros island was nice but boring at times...so now i live in cebu which is much better with a lot of things to do....I do coach pro boxing which makes my day....

Thanks Joe. I have a friend who just moved here to Vietnam and he lived in Cebu. How much can one expect to pay for a nice home there in Cebu. I realize " nice" is relative.

WELL, I HAVE A FRIEND WHOS WIFE WORKS IN RESTATE..SHE FOUND ME MY PLACE....I PAY 5,000 PESO ($114) PLUS WATER AND POWER , ANOTHER 1,350 PESO.....MY 2 BEDROOM IS NICE FOR ME AND MY COLLEGE GF..I AM 72 AND SHE IS 21...WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR YEARS....SHE CAN FIND YOU A PLACE....I RIDE A MOTORCYCLE...ALSO HAVE A JEEPNEY FOR THE BOXERS...WE GO ON MANY TRIPS TO FIGHT....I WILL BE GOING TO MEXICO FOR A WBC TITLE FIGHT ON FEB 14TH....LET MY KNOW YOUR NEEDS AND I WILL TELL ALEN...SHE CAN LOOK...JOE

For $2,000 a month U.S. you can live like a prince in the Philippines.  And have a girl friend no problem there.

Thanks Joe. I use to live in MX. Loved it!

Hello Joe,

Please try not to use All Caps in your messages as this is considered as shouting on online forums. You can have a look at the PHILIPPINES FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT  for more information.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

ok..got it...

Were I live  not Cubu.  5000 pso a month up to how much can they take you for.  But the 5000 a month can be a nice house in a less desirable area.   I see a very nice house here in the country for 15000 a month. Secluded on a hill nice view and all. But a down hill walk across the creek to  the dirt road.  And I do mean a very nice home 4 bedroom and maids quarters all stone furnished.  But no way to get a car to it just walk in and out to the road.