HELP!!Primary English schools and kids actvities in Agadir

Oh yes I have visited the school. It is really well equipped. The headmistress is a hard working lady and supervises everything.  She Is doing a promotion now No subscription fees and 2500 dhs/month instead of 3500 dhs

Have a look at their Facebook page and call them to visit the school

Cheers

Do  you know      is  it  prive   or  pablic    ?

Private of course. Accredited nationally and internationally :) but price wise it s very correct

Thanx   i  thougt   maybe  its  new  progect  moroccan public  education ))

Too good to be true my dear :)

Hello everyone,

So good that we have these blogs to share info. I am also thinking of moving to Agadir later this year. I have 3 year old and a 2 year old. My wife is Amazigh. I want my kids to learn French, English and Arabic. They speak fluent English and understand Arabic from mum.

I would like them to attend an English medium school. Hopefully I will check out the new M..... S..... you guys are talking about here. We also pay about 2500 dhs (Rands) for a private school in South Africa. Please share any information/advice with me. Will appreciate it.

I may just decide to do some English teaching as well.

Hey Ihsan
Good to hear from you!! Tw7shtk
I lost your contact details so please PM me your number.
Are you in Agadir? I am coming next week
Xx

Hi All,

I too am looking for schools in Agadir or possibly Taroudant.  We want to trial living in Agadir (we're from London) and I've booked tickets to come and check the city out.  Will be planning a summer break with the kids here too, to see if they like it (they're all aged under 7).

An English school is what I'm after, but learning Arabic is a high priority too.

Any further suggestions? Thanks.

Hi.
My fiancé lives in agadir. If u would like I can ask him for some advice for u.
Would be nice to help u
Elaine

Thank you Elaine,

If he's aware of any schools other than the aforementioned, and any martial arts clubs for kids, that would be handy.  Much appreciated.

No problem. I will ask him tonight when I get to talk to him.

sarasmum wrote:
Brandej43 wrote:

I saw your post! I have the same question... We r talking about moving to agadir at the end of summer. I would love to hear what you found out regarding things to do for kids, schools, etc.. My son will be starting kindergarden this year and I would really like to get him into an English program if possible. Any info would be great.  Thanks

Hi
The only English school I found in agadir is the Montessori school in cite Suisse and its quite pricy ( I have 2 kids and I will be paying  about 8300£ a year.
It's a shame that the only English school here has to be so expensive!!
So the other option is home schooling my kids which will allow me to follow the British curriculum.
What will be perfect is to find a network of English speaking mums and meet regularly also get the kids to meet each other .
I didn't get much responses from the forum nor other forums sounds like no one is interested ! I believe kids education for expats should have been one of the most discussed topics .
Please feel free to contact me if you need anything.
X

I homeschool here in Canada and continued during our 3 month visit to Morocco. If enough parents get together.they could hire private English speaking teachers. Many Morocaans speak very good English and the homeschool books are very easy to follow

I have been checking out the "M..... s....." Facebook page, too many grammatical errors by the Administrator who posts on there, that should raise some eye brows. Not talking here about a one time occurrence or typos, it's almost on every one of her posts.

Less mistakes than before.

Hi Charlie
Do you homeschool your kids still and are you in Morocco?
Thanks

I have noticed that as well !!!

STAY AWAY FROM *****

I used to teach there (what a joke) and they are NOT accredited. You will notice they do not fly the Moroccan flag or have  a picture of the king in their school. I was a teacher there and they did not even have books or a curriculum! The director said during my interview, "You're American. You're hired."  Not only did they ask me to write a curriculum, they also asked me to write the school handbook and disciplinary policy! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. Their slogan is even grammatically wrong.

After all of that, she refused to pay me the money she owed me and said, "You never worked here." despite the fact that she still has my pictures on her Facebook and I have written, email, video, audio, and screenshot proof that I worked there.

She hired an entire staff of white faces (myself, a Canadian, a Scottish woman, an Italian, and 2 other Americans) and ALLLL of us were fired within the first 2 months. She lied and said our papers were not accepted from Rabat, but it's impossible that it happened to all of us.

I have an inside connection with the niaba and was told not only was our paperwork never filed, the woman is a total scam artist.

STAY AWAY FROM THAT SCHOOL!!

Hey Jaime
Thanks for your feedback
I use to have you on my instagram and we communicated through emails long time ago.. Glad to hear from you!
I was actually going to enrol my kids in there!! M. S is definitely accredited by the moroccan gov I have asked in niyaba but I have to admit I am a bit confused after reading your comment😲
the price they charging is definitely very high compare to any other school inside or even outside Morocco, the school is not ready yet ! The library is empty and many other facilities too.
I hate the fact they would  hire staff just because they are white faces!! But this the "moroccan" complex
The school is not 2500dh as someone said.. It does work out to 5000dh a month because you have to pay for restaurant and transport.
The school uniform alone cost 500dh and I think they should consider reducing the price if they want more people to enrol their kids.

JaimeBrown wrote:

STAY AWAY FROM *****

I used to teach there (what a joke) and they are NOT accredited. You will notice they do not fly the Moroccan flag or have  a picture of the king in their school. I was a teacher there and they did not even have books or a curriculum! The director said during my interview, "You're American. You're hired."  Not only did they ask me to write a curriculum, they also asked me to write the school handbook and disciplinary policy! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. Their slogan is even grammatically wrong.

After all of that, she refused to pay me the money she owed me and said, "You never worked here." despite the fact that she still has my pictures on her Facebook and I have written, email, video, audio, and screenshot proof that I worked there.

She hired an entire staff of white faces (myself, a Canadian, a Scottish woman, an Italian, and 2 other Americans) and ALLLL of us were fired within the first 2 months. She lied and said our papers were not accepted from Rabat, but it's impossible that it happened to all of us.

I have an inside connection with the niaba and was told not only was our paperwork never filed, the woman is a total scam artist.

STAY AWAY FROM THAT SCHOOL!!

The school I was referring to is located in Dchierea, and it has a website called "Moroccan School." For some reason when I write it, the administrators change it to *********, but other people can write it with no problem.

I dont know why the admin hides the school's name
It's just not right ? We are here to exchange ideas and experiences including personal experiences
Why the name was not hidden when another person was promoting the school? And how great it was? This makes me think twice now!!

exactly. I asked the same question when the admin private messaged me. I said that other people mentioned that school as well as Montessori and mine was the only one edited out. Discussing personal experiences as an expat and giving recommendations...IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS WEBSITE.

So why are they filtering selectively?

ibens wrote:

Private of course. Accredited nationally and internationally :) but price wise it s very correct

It is absolutely NOT credited internationally as the director, Fatima, told me with her own mouth that they are not. #FACT

@ >sarasmum
@ > JaimeBrown

Hello,

To prevent any conflit on the thread, we have moderated certain posts.

We already inform members which are involved about it via private messages.

Not only your posts has been edited and this is as we already explain It's just the forum rules, we have to take precautions to prevent all conflict.

We count on your understanding and if you have anything you can contact us privately by clicking on the contact us button at the bottom of the page.  In order to prevent all discussions going in another direction on the thread.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Isn't the entire purpose of this website to "Share your expat experience!" as stated in the Expat.com logo?

That is exactly what we are doing here--sharing our experiences. This does not cause conflict. What causes conflict is names of certain schools being edited out, while others remain. (i.e. -- ...l being blurred out, but ... being left unedited).

The purpose of this thread is to share real life experiences and you are trying to prevent that.

@JaimeBrown > Could you please respect our terms and conditions?

"the following is strictly forbidden:

Defamation, abuse, harassment, threat, heinous or discriminatory propaganda against human rights,"

If you have any questions concerning our rules, please contact us!

Thank you.
Christine

[moderated: completely off topic + please contact us for any info]

This post has survived over years now because it's one of the rarest about english schools and education in Agadir.
There was so much going on before about the montessori school and it was absolutely fine.
Jaime as far as I noticed has not threaten nor disrespect anyone here she only said her personal experience which did help me personally and open my eyes to many things so I would like to thank her.

You are welcome. If anyone would like to contact me privately about the TRUTH behind the school, feel free to direct message me so we don't "violate the policies."

Salam Alukom How are you doing ? i hope That you Are fine . AAny way my name is Hamza and i come from Morocco from Agadir city
i want to said That you are very welcome to Agadir i am gona be Happy if i met you here And Show you Around You are very welcome and as we said Here 1000 Marahba

my name is cumar i am Muslim i want information about apartment   and  school please send me email or Skype
so i can talk to you or you number in Morocco thanks for you kindly

Hi
I am also planning to take my children to Morocco next year.
I looking for secondary school for them as you mentioned a school in Agadir is it secondary as well?
any contacts and do you know it's fees?
Thanks in advance for your time to respond.

salam
I have same question, my son's are 8 and 14
but they also have ADHD AND ASD
so my questions are about the schools they would need to attend for a English education, and are their any support groups or government agencies that can help with my son's additional needs?
also how would one go about home schooling if that is the only other alternative.

is their any information anywhere about medical cover that's a major concern for me having 2 son's who are extremely active goes without saying they have a few knocks and bumps that I would like a doctor or hospital to look at.
and how much is full medical care for us as English citizens living in morocco.

sorry to burden you hunni, but I the same as you have been trawling the internet looking for answers but to no avail. so when I seen your question about schools though id try my luck with any information you may have received
kind regards
cindy

salam
can I ask which school this is please ?
I seem to have lost a page of posts about schools.

Hi,
Homeschooling is very rewarding and you can follow your state's program .In Florida they have online courses but I don't know for other states.
Here is some fruit of my 20+ years of public,private,international and homeschooling experiences.

Due to your children's learning problems,I would suggest Math-U See for math and perhaps you would like to follow Easy-Peasy Homeschool. This is an entirely free curriculum online.

https://allinonehomeschool.com/

There is also Ambleside online but I fear it might be too reading intensive for your children.
https://www.amblesideonline.org/

Depending on if you want to do grammar,please look at Easy Grammar. To teach writing,Writing Strands. There is also Spelling U see.....personally, I prefer individualized lists using the words my children misspell .

Moroccan School of Agadir sounds very promising    :)http://moroccanschool.co/

Thank you so much for the links, all your information is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Cindy

Once again the only option in agadir is homeschooling, some people advertising The "Moroccan school" should be either the owne it self or someone related to them, this school is a waste of money so be carful!

For the health cover the best option will be taking an medical cover in your country, there are many private doctors and cliniques in morocco which are not very expensive compare to Europe, dental costs are cheap compare to the UK, buppa is a good health cover if you can afford the fees.