Job Offer from an IT Firm

Hi,

I got a job offer from an IT Firm as a Consultant. I've 15 years of experience in Middle East (Saudi Arabia). I'm an IT Professional. Have a few queries. Appreciate if someone can help.

1. Does anyone have an idea about this company and how they treat their employees?

2. The salary offered is - 1800 PM (Remuneration is all inclusive, Salary OMR 1400 + Housing allowance (OMR 300) & Conveyance Allowance (OMR 100) is part of the salary)

3. Is this a good offer to start with?

4. Medical insurance is not included in the offer. Should it be included?

5. Any other perks that are missing from the offer which can be included?

Hi,

Find some comments marked against your queries :

1. Does anyone have an idea about this company and how they treat their employees? - This company is which company ?

2. The salary offered is - 1800 PM (Remuneration is all inclusive, Salary OMR 1400 + Housing allowance (OMR 300) & Conveyance Allowance (OMR 100) is part of the salary) - Salary seems less for a 15-year experienced professional. Try to negotiate for a better package. At least ask them to take care of your accommodation.

3. Is this a good offer to start with? - What you start with is what you will mostly stay with. Don't expect more.

4. Medical insurance is not included in the offer. Should it be included? - Yes it should be. As per Omani labour laws, every employee must be provided with some kind of a medical insurance coverage. How much or how little will depend on the position, salary, etc. But medical coverage is mandatory. I don't know how and why your employer is side-stepping that responsibility.

5. Any other perks that are missing from the offer which can be included? - There are many ! But then it is the company's prerogative.

Good luck.

Well Sumitran answer you all but you should insist for more salary as u have 15 years experience and once you join they wont increase your salary. Treating well depends on the company so cannot comment really.